Rhode Island
Options

Hair and Make-up Reccs

Any recommendations for hair and make-up in or near Newport? TIA!

Re: Hair and Make-up Reccs

• Options
    MrkyrainMrkyrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can tell you who NOT to hire. :-) (Maura Hession) See my vendor reviews. Now to be more helpful, I have seen some great reviews on here for Krystal Treanor and a few other ladies. Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    ilovemycaratsilovemycarats member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got back from my make up trial with Krystal... like seriously 5 minutes ago. She did a really good job and has a great personality. Also she is very reasonable compared to others.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a GREAT experience with Kristin Greene (makeup) and Mara Neves (hair) Both travel.
    J & J 09.05.09 |My Blog | Married Bio

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Krystal Treanor for makeup and Gina Joubert for hair (check my bio for reviews/pics)
  • Options
    melinda478melinda478 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kristin Greene did my make up for Bpics and she was so nice and she did a great job.
  • Options
    melinda478melinda478 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops! Forgot Hair rec: I got my hair done at the Hyatt Spa for my MOH's wedding a few years back, the girls were great there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Krystal Treanor is fabulous! I used Dori from Blue Sky Spa(she travels to you).  Dori is available for Fri. and Sun. weddings since she does the work independently from the spa.Page me on here if you'd like her number:)Jessica
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Sam Canavolpe (spelling) for hair and Glen Bladessa for makeup both travel
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Sam Colavolpe for hair (same as Pam) and the girls from Skinplicity in NK for makeup.  Both travel. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    hollygb22hollygb22 member
    edited December 2011
    i'm using Salon Sante in narragansett for hair and Kristin Greene for make upI got back from my make up trial maybe an hour ago..she did a great job!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can someone give me a website/contact info. for Sam Colavolpe? I tried google with no success. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sam's email is feinsteindanceacademy at yahoo dot com.  It takes a few days, but she'll get back to you.  :-)  It just depends on her work schedule.  She charges $35 for hair for everyone.  She also does makeup for another $10pp but it's a lot for one person to do so I got a separate MUA. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hair - Chanda Sek! She is amazing and her prices are very reasonable even with travel. She specializes in ethnic hair and also does make up too. www.myspace.com/miss_chandaRobin Mcaloon for make up! She does my make up for all my special events. She's super talented and her prices are in-line with the other fabulous two, Kristen Greene and Krystal Treanorwww.robinmakeup.comhttp://snapweddings.blogspot.com/2009/01/snap-chat-with-make-up-artist-robin.html
  • Options
    ayleeaylee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies! I got contact info for some, but I can't find the others. Jen... do you mind sharing Mara Neves's info? Pam... do you mind sharing Glen Bladessa's info? My email is aylee at gnyc dot net. Thank you so much!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the contact info. Jennifer! I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    kcabral80kcabral80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Sam Colavolpe also. she is amazing!!!
  • Options
    chixfilachixfila member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also used Krystal Treanor for make-up and I loved how I looked.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Contact for Mara is 401-524-2005
    J & J 09.05.09 |My Blog | Married Bio

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm getting hair and makeup done at new leaf salon in bristol...they have a new "bridal suite" in the downstairs and its really cute! i've gone there a couple times for cut & color and the girls are really great.
  • Options
    DiorAddictDiorAddict member
    edited December 2011
    Tamara Serpa and Christine Souza are great for hair. Jan Simone for makeup They all travel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards