New York-Long Island

Hair and Makeup help!

Hi ladies!I was updating my wedding website last night and noticed my little "days until" ticker said 9 months! holy crap!Anyway, that made me start thinking about some of the elements of the wedding I've deemed "not necessary to think about" thus far- like hair and makeup.When should I start looking for these vendors?  Does anyone have any good suggestions? I'm getting married at 11am, so I'm going to have to get ready super early... I'm thinking about having people come to the house in the morning.  I was also considering hiring people with assistants or several stylists so that I can offer their services to the bridal party/MOB/MOG/grandmas too.  I thought it would be a nie gesture because, at the crack of dawn that morning, the girls might get charged an extra fee through whoever they use to open early for them.  Of course I wouldn't require they use my people, though.Any thoughts? thanks!

Re: Hair and Makeup help!

• edited December 2011
    Weddingbells, 11am is early.  Hair and make up for the bride usual take two hours or that is how much time most hair and make up people like to allot for the bride.  That said, if you are doing the bridal party and so on you need to have a few people coming over to help you. It is so much better to have the people come over to your house that way you are comfortable and you don't have to worry about people getting lost on the way to the salon or whatever. When is your wedding?  I would suggest booking the hair and makeup as soon as possible.  I booked my hair and make up the day I settled on a date.  It is not that you have to but you end up getting who you want and don't have to settle. Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Caitus- I'm getting married July 10.  I agree that being at home would be more comfortable.  I don't want to worry about getting to and from the salon (or several salons) that early in the morning.  I believe my limo is scheduled to arrive at 1015, so I need to be ready pretty darn early.I'm wondering if I could find a hair salon I love and get them to open early just for us, and then have the make up artist at my house.  I just don't know how a hair stylist would have everything he/she needs in a small little travel box to do my hair perfectly in my living room.
  • edited December 2011
    My hair and makeup person showed up with two huge and I mean huge rolling suit cases.  He wasn't short of anything.I would compare prices and see which is cheaper.  I used M&G Hair and Makeup and used William Miranda.  You can google William.
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely start checking out people and pricing because you're going to have to do trials as well and some of these people get booked up pretty quickly!!  I suggest checking out my hair and makeup people.  Im using two separate vendors.  www.makeupbymarisa.com She is fantastic! Really sweet and definitely knows what shes doign!  and the other is Sarah Rock she has a twin sister and they both do hair together!   Both hair and makeup prices are reasonable too!!  HTH!!  Good Luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks girls - i needed some help w/ this too:) i live in fla and getting married in LI and really don't know anyone for this and want reasonable prices too...gonna check these 2 out. thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    Can anyone recommend a PHENOMENAL hair person by Melville? I am getting married Oct 2010 at the Cresecent Beach Club but staying at the Melivlle Hilton....help! help!I think I am going to get my makeup done by MAC...the trial went amazing and they are coming to the hotel.
  • mccloskmmccloskm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there is a place called Le Crimp on route 110 just south of Walt Whitman mall. They have a lot of great people there for hair.
  • mccloskmmccloskm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS how was MAC for makeup? pricey? I am getting married at 12:30pm so i need to have a good plan for that morning
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards