Hawaii

wedding dress opinions...

pics in bio. i'm really torn. =\ also, any girls who got married at Lani during the summer.... was it really that hot? when i did a site visit mid-August, i was there at 10am and it was hot as balls! i don't think i'd be able to pull off a 'heavy' dress if it's that hot..... :)

Re: wedding dress opinions...

• diorgrl8diorgrl8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    both are sooo pretty! i might be biased here because im a sucker for sweetheart neckline, so that would be my pick. :) the good news is, both of your contenders are so beautiful, you're going to look amazing either way!
  • edited December 2011
    I see where you're going with the 3rd dress... It's beautiful and light and flow-y and you look beautiful in it.  I love the train on that dress.  But I have to say that you look STUNNING in the first dress!  (Esp from the back-side!  Hahaha!  Can I say that without sounding weird?  Hahaha!)  It is so figure flattering!  Personally, if I looked that good in a dress I wouldn't care how hot the weather was... I'd wear the dress anyways!  I vote for dress #1.  I think the other 2 pale in comparison but my second choice would be dress #3.
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like the neckline and the fuller skirt on #2. Me, I get really hot really easy, and I wanted a big wedding dress, so I went with tafetta instead of satin. The satin dresses just felt like their weighed me down, and I didn't want to be horribly uncomfortable when I got married. I think it just depends on your preference, and how comfortable you felt in each dress.
  • edited December 2011
    #1 and #3 are my favs but I would say that #3 is the most beachy and would seem to do well in the hot weather!!! good Luck!!!
  • machan2010machan2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look fantastic in all three of them!!! I like #3 the best and then #1. It will probably be pretty hot, but if you really wanted to go with one of the heavier dresses, I bet you would be okay! Are you getting married in the afternoon?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I swear, I nearly died in my dress and it was as lightweight as I could get - it was SOAKED with sweat by the end of the night from all the dancing. I also love the last dress and it's probably my pick - though your bum does look great in #1!
  • edited December 2011
    You look beautiful in all of them! My favorite is the first one it's so dreamy!! I got married at lani at 4pm in July it was hot but bearable my dress wasn't super heavy but not very light either I was hot butbit was worth it! I definitely couldn't have worn a big princess dress I wouldve past out from the heat lol best of luck!
  • bulinbulin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So nice!!! Casablanca huh? Hahaha I was just there yesterday! Yah I like the first one the best and then the 3rd one.
  • maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mos def dress #1...it was made for you...you look amazing in it!!! 2nd choice dress #3 w/o straps if possible or thinner straps. J. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I like #1 and #3. You look great in all of them, though.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, that is a tough choice, but you really look amazing in dress #1. Its super flattering and I love the way it drapes - - looks great from the back too. But if you are really concerned about being hot, then you can't go wrong with dress #3.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • aliblualiblu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Number #1 the best. You look amazing in it.
    AliBlu | 6.8.2011 | My Bio-Updated 3/3
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my... I can't decide. You look amazing in all of them!  Do you know if there's a choice of fabric?  Check with your bridal shop.   Some of the dresses I tried came in did so I was just wondering.
  • edited December 2011
    oooh...i really love #1.  it shows off your figure and you look gorgeous in it!  my guess would be it would be pretty hot in july, but i think you'd probably be hot no matter what you wear.
  • vanilla15vanilla15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the pp...all 3 dresses are gorgeous & you look beautiful in all of them.  My favs are 2 (I think I favor the fuller skirt over the mermaid) & 3.  I think 3 is more informal wedding, but I think it is your wedding day, you can wear absolutely anything you want.  I had a bigger dress & I was HOT...and I was married in April.  I think maybe it was the veil, but one of my regrets was not having something smaller/cooler to change into.  With that said, with all of the dancing & drinking, I would have probably been a hot, sweaty mess in a bikini.I don't think you can go wrong...they are all really beautiful.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I love #3 without the straps, it looks beautiful on you and really fits with the location. I do agree that #1 looks awesome on you, especially love how it shows off your waist, curves, butt, etc., but it sort of looks too formal for outdoors ... I picture it in a huge cathedral or something, and with a really lavish expensive-looking reception.You're beautiful and have a great body!  I wish mine were like that; no wonder you are having a hard time deciding, you have one of those bodies that everything looks good on!
  • edited December 2011
    ahhhhhhh! thanks for all your replies, ladies.i REALLY don't know which to choose :(i think i need to go try them all on again :)anyone get married at Lani during the summer? our ceremony is at 4:30........ so i really don't wanna be a big sweaty mess haha.
  • edited December 2011
    hey there! i love dress number 1. i was married on august 10th this year. because of the hurricane it was super humid and i am not going to lie i did sweat a lot throughout the night. i feel like if the weather was normally how it is without the hurricane, it would have been much more bearable. my dress was thick silk charmuse (sp) but i think honestly it was more my hair down that made me hot. hope this helps.
    ryan and jennifer |august 10, 2009| lanikuhonua phase II
  • edited December 2011
    I love love #1 and #3.  Tough Decision.
    IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • edited December 2011
    I am totally loving #1 it fits your curves perfectly, very flattering!
  • KKakesKKakes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    #1 is SO pretty on you. I would say wear you hair up to keep you cool and pick what ever dress you will feel amazing in. Also, Secret Prescription Strength antipersperant works WONDERS!! :) SO pretty, wow :) #3 is my close second though!
  • MaliagmMaliagm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like with most everyone, #1 and #3 look great.  I don't know if you are standing on a platform, but #3 makes you look really tall / mile long legs.  But #3 does give a curvier silhouette.  If you are still shopping around, you might want to check out designers that have gowns in silk charmuese, crepe back satin, or Georgette...they are slightly more lightweight and breathable than a silk taffeta (which I assume the first 2 are) but if cut right, will still give you a beautiful sexy silhouette.  Designers like Jenny Packham, Elizabeth Fillmore, and Amy Michelson all have such gowns in their collections.  Good luck! 
  • kjane12kjane12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like #3 with the straps.  I'm guesing you can wear them for the ceremony and remove them for the reception (which is what I'm looking for).  It gives you more looks without paying more:) and you won't be too warm, which means you'll be more comfortable and able to enjoy yourself. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards