Missouri-Kansas City

Country theme wedding...Help!!

Hi ladies! First off, I am brand new to the site and I am looking for as much feedback as possible. I am the oldest child and so is he and no one in our families have recently gotten married. We are hoping to have our wedding and reception in October of 2010 and at Old Shawnee Town. Hopefully, it will be warm enough to have the wedding outside in the gazebo and then we will move inside to the town hall for the reception.... We are working with a budget....we are funding the entire wedding, reception and honeymoon ourselves and we only have about a year to do it... I am planning on using a watermelon pink and brown as the colors. I would like to encorporate cowboy boots, horseshoes, cowboy hats, wagon wheels, and anything else country or western without getting too expensive. I want to have gerber daisies as the flowers and plan on using pink ones. I need suggestions on how to decorate, dj's and photographers as well as officiants. Any comments are appreciated! Thank you

Re: Country theme wedding...Help!!

• edited December 2011
    I saw centerpieces once where they took a horseshoe and put a small glass votive holder with a small candle inside the horeshow and then put a small daisy with some ribbon attached at the bottom of the candle holder and by the horseshoe. It looked pretty cute but I have no idea on the cost.
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure this is the kind of info you are looking for, but I was surprised to learn that gerber daisies are almost the most expensive type of flower to have for a wedding...they are very fragile and have to be shipped a long distance from where they are grown so they need to be packed very carefully (which means more $).  Just thought you might not know that...
  • dragonfly101dragonfly101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my friends had a country wedding! It was so cute! Here's some ideas! They had hay bales as the seating! Different but unique! And she came in on a tracter sitting in the bucket. While her dad was driving it to get to the aisle. But dont worry, she didnt get her dress dirty! They placed a blanket type in the bucket of tractor! Hope yours turns out cute!!
  • edited December 2011
    queen anne's lace is a great thing to use for centerpiece flowers...as well as wheat stalks.
    jenifriend
    may flower
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards