Kentucky

Wedding Vendor Review

I had a beautiful ceremony and reception at Buffalo Trace Distillery (pictures to come soon).  The wedding was Labor Day Weekend, we had an outdoor ceremony on the grounds of Buffalo Trace.  Invites: Magnet Street- Did a wonderful job, I had an issue with the RSVP cards on my first order.  They fixed it without an additional fee!  Great customer service and excellent prices.  Dress: Purchased from Bridal Designs in Montgomery (Cincinnati) OH- Dress Jasmine F912, great buy during their trunk sale! Sales team is great and very helpful.  I tried on a TON of dresses and even though they were very busy they gave me personal attention without being overwhelming.Alterations: Sew Fine- She did an excellent job, the dress was 4 sizes too big and had A LOT of detail.  It was expensive, but well worth the work she put into it. Hair: Girls at H2O Salon in Frankfort- Great place, we had my mom's, sister-in-law, flower girl, and jr bridesmaid hair done here.  They were great and did an excellent job!Venue: Buffalo Trace Distillery Frankfort- It was super cheap to rent (as compared to other places) but the price has gone up quite a bit (we rented 4 hours for $650 now its $1,000). Their events coordinator was great to work with, they allow you to use your own cater and you can bring your own booze.  You can only set up the day of the wedding/reception and you have to be completely out by midnight.  Food: My DH fraternity chef (retired 4 star chef) made our food and even an ice sculpture.  The food was amazing... Cake: Granny's Goodies in Georgetown- We did cup cakes.  For the price it was a great deal and the quality was excellent!  Her butter cream icing is wonderful!Flowers: Flower Depot in Georgetown-They were easy to work with and were able to give me just what I wanted for very reasonable prices.  Very friendly service! My bouquet was all roses (different shades of deep pink) the girls had hot pink Gerber daisies.  Chairs/Tables/Table clothes/cup cake stand: Bryant's Rent All in Lexington- Buffalo Trace only has enough seating for 180, we rented chairs and tables through Bryant's.  They have a great selection, easy to work with, and were decently priced.DJ: Affairs to Remember/Sound Off DJ (Lexington)- Dawn and Keith were so easy to work with, kept the party going all night and played everyone's request.  They even stayed until after we got everything cleaned up.Photag: Daniel Canales- I cannot say enough how wonderful Dan was! Such a super great guy to work with and I am so excited to get my pictures back!  Half the time through the reception I didn't even know he was there!  I won't have my pictures until mid Oct (5 weeks), but he told me he was very excited to edit them.  I can't wait to see the final product! Hotel: Capital Plaza in Frankfort- Gave a pretty good group rate, even gave the rate to guest who booked after the cut-off date.Margarita Machine: Yes we had a margarita machine at the wedding!! Margarita Man of Kentucky-Great/easy to work with they bring the machine to your location and pick it up.  Show you how to run the machine.  They let us order more batches and what we didn't open they didn't charge us for.  The drinks were good, we had the strawberry margarita mix, and they have different flavors.  You have to supply the alcohol but all in all it was good stuff!!

Re: Wedding Vendor Review

• edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for posting this. It is really nice to hear the opinions of local brides for local vendors. I really appreciate it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maggie MorrisMaggie Morris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for sharing thoughtful reviews and critiques of your vendors. I think spreading this kind of information is so helpful. I'm a more southern Central Kentucky bride but I really appreciate your posting this!Best,Maggie
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!! I've heard Buffalo Trace is a fantastic venue...hope to be invited to a wedding there soon!
  • edited December 2011
    Great reviews, thank you! I'm really considering Buffalo Trace...can we see pictures? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards