Illinois

Galena

Hey all! My boyfriend and I just got engaged New Year's Eve morning. I want to get married in Galena at our favorite bed and breakfast. Just trying to make everything affordable. Anyone have any advice? Anyone planning one in the area?

Re: Galena

• edited December 2011
    Yay! Congrats on the engagement!! I'm from St. Louis so I can't really give you logistics advice, buuut have you set a date yet?

• wenditomwenditom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations fellow Galena Bride!  I'm in the process of planning my wedding too.  Let's compare notes and help each other out!
  • edited December 2011
    We're discussing an April 2012 wedding, but his work schedule makes it difficult. He won't know for sure what week he can take off until January of 2012 and I can't plan the kind of wedding I want to have in 3 months. We've decided to plan for a Wednesday (his first day off) and plan for a honeymoon that can be postponed in case he can't get the week we planned on. Wenditom- how far into planning are you? Do you know where your wedding is going to be?
  • wenditomwenditom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, you have a long wait, but at the same time, plenty of planning time.  We are doing everything at Galena Cellars.  We are planning a small wedding with only closest family and friends.  What are you envisioning?  Feel free to PM me if you like. 
  • kjdavieskjdavies member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got engaged on New Year's Day!! Congrats! I LOVE Galena! I'm currently planning a wedding in Dubuque! Best of luck! Where's your plan in Galena? We have an even longer wait - October 2012!  I don't know much about the area either, and since Galena is right next to Dubuque, if you find anything, let me know! : )
  • Walters4hawksWalters4hawks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in Galena it is beautiful. There is a new bridal shop and wedding planner in Galena I Do Bridal (AWESOME!) & they have an onsite wedding planner who is great and affordable. You ladies should check her out. My husband and I love Galena!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards