Outdoor Weddings
Options

Alternatives to bridal bouquet?

Looking for ideas! I am getting married in August of next year on the beach (no shoes, the whole works). I was looking for alternative ideas to having a bridal bouquet to walk down the isle with. Our ceremony will be fairly short and I feel that flowers are so expensive for just a few moments in the sun. (I know that bouquets can also double as centerpieces, but we are going a whole other direction with that as well!).Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Alternatives to bridal bouquet?

• Options
    A parasol, a feather bouquet, a shell bouquet, using fake flowers instead of real ones, a cute fan...if you can carry it you can use it. Or you can just go down the aisle empty handed it is all up to you
  • Options
    A bible or wild flowers is another idea.
  • Options
    paper flower bouquet, you can DIY them. PIB of mine.a lantern, a large sea shell, a single flower, a book, or nothing at all.
  • Options
    great idea!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Knot! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I saw something cool with seagrass once, tied with a pretty ribbon, maybe that would work?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    for the beach you could do a nice rattan hand fan with just a few flowers tucked into it. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    I've seen shell bouquets that are really cute... I'm thinking about having my flower girls carry some!  I love that your not going totally traditional with this!  Be sure to post up here what you decide! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    thanks ladies, those are some great ideas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My best friend carried a shell. when you sat down there was a shell at each seat. At the end of the ceremony they had the officiant bless the shells and then everyone threw them into the water. It as pretty cool../
  • Options
    I found a lighthouse shaped lantern at Meijers that I'm going to carry down the aisle.  I'm adding some silk flowers in my colors and an electric candle and voila!  I hope you have a beautiful wedding and a lovely life together!!  Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards