Canada

Thank you card question

I know this could probably go on P&E but I'm going to put it on here anyways.  My mom was incredibly generous and is buying us a custom made china hutch from Amish furniture. We ordered it last weekend. Normally you would send the thank  you card after recieving the gift, however, because the hutch is custom made, we won't recieve it until Christmas. She has already paid for it, we were there when the order was placed. I am pretty sure we send the thank-you now, but when would you ladies do it? Now, or after recieving it when we can say how much we love it?

Re: Thank you card question

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I'd wait until after actually receiving it. For now, I'd just verbally keep telling her thanks, and you can't wait to get it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    That's so nice of her! I would maybe write an email or even a nice card saying how grateful and exciting you are, and then another note after it arrives thanking her again! But then again, I love an excuse to send a card! : )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sapicochung1sapicochung1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with ring_pop, I would wait until I receive the hutch before sending out a thank you card. I would also send her an email as well like pp said.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards