Texas-Houston
Options

Invitation Vent (kinda Long)

So my FMIL wanted to be a wedding planner. So I am getting ideas from her that I really don't need or care about. Anyways, she is making my invitations. She keeps making the mock up ones and I have approved every single one of them. She keeps adding on lil detail. It's just fustrating, bc she has medical problems and I know this is something she wants to do. I really think she needs to get started on them bc there is a few very detail things on them.The other thing is, is that my mom and I are NOT crafty people. She wants our help on them, but I'm afraid I'm going to screw up my own invitations. Also, the wording is going on a seperate sheet, that I have already printed on and have ready to be put in the full invitation. She is making them out of cardstock and the Invite is a lil bigger than the wording part. I'm not bugging about them, I just want them done. Well she asked me if I can go get the cardstock cut to the size that we are making the invites. No problem, except she is now changing the size of the invite to basically the size of the wording paper. I don't want it the same size, I want it a lil bigger. I'm tired of her changing her mind and trying to get me to do what she wants. The invites are not the only thing she is trying to make me do..Which is a totally a different story that I will probably vent about later...lol.I did tell her I want them a lil bigger than the wording and She was ok with that. I just don't understand what she is trying to make this her wedding when My FI and I and my parents are paying for most of the wedding. I sort of know why, It's cuz she always wanted to be a wedding planner and her 4 girls are not married and probably will never be married. Sorry this was kind of long. I am done now.
Photobucket imageAnniversary

Re: Invitation Vent (kinda Long)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry :(on a positive note, you are WAY ahead of the game. Working on invites and still 7 months out.... haha I'm 3 months out and just finished designing mine.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    txbootsytxbootsy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are your ILs paying a lot into the wedding?Does she have a daughter of her own? I find it strange for a MIL to be to want to do your invites?I just went to dawninvitations.com and bought beautiful ones for a great price and did not have that DIY stress, especially since I am not crafty as you stated about yourself. Just do them yourself, and try to put her on another project.I am a planner and had my invites picked out early like you and mailed them 6-8 weeks before the wedding.
    18 Months!! imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No the IL are not paying for the wedding. She wants to do them. My FI told me that if I let her do them then she will most likely stay out of my hair about all the other planning. The mock up she shows me is beautiful and there will be no other one like it. I was going to be them on invitationsbydawn until she said she wanted to do them. She has 4 girls. My FI is the only boy and he is the youngest. The next youngest is 8 years older than him. So all of them are past 30. Two of them still live at home and the other one out of state. So with him being the baby and the only one who will be getting married she wants to be involved but not really pay for anything. It's a lil fustrating.
  • Options
    GerberladyGerberlady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe you could have FI mention something about it to her?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI has said some things to her. I'm not sure if any had to do with the invites. She keeps buying things that we don't need. We are getting married at a Hilton. The ballroom speaks for itself, so not a lot of decorating is nesscesary, but she keeps buying stuff and expects us to pay her back. I finally told FI that we are on a budget and the extra stuff we don't need and we will probably never use them so its a waste of money. Especially since I don't want to pay her back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards