Florida-North Florida

Invitation Wording

Hello! I know a lot of you have posted your invitation wording on here for proofing but I had a quick question. Have any of you used wording that incorporated yourself and FI, and then your parents? FI's parents will not be on the invite. I'm not going to go into details as to why...it's a LONG story but it's definitely set in stone. I'm having trouble trying to incorporate our names and then my parents. I'm looking for something a little less traditional but not overly cheesy. I've seen a lot that I like, but none of them are for "the couple and bride's parent's hosting." Any suggestions?
imageDaisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary

Re: Invitation Wording

• brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your parents namesrequest the honor of your presenceat the wedding of their daughterLiztoFIThat's pretty standard for bride's parents hosting. Personally I don't think you should get caught up in making sure everyone knows who is hosting/paying. Neither one of our parents are paying anything but we still put "Together with their families" on our invites.
  • toblave13toblave13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Britt. I definitely understand what you're saying about not getting caught up in who's hosting/paying but that's actually not what the whole thing with his parents is about. We don't even know if they're coming. He barely speaks to them and there's a lot of animosity and they're not involved with/supportive of the wedding at all. This is something that stems back to before I even knew him. He doesn't want them included.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and just to clarify, we'd like the invitation to sound like we're hosting as well as my parents...that's where we're getting stuck.
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just use "together with their parents".  Your parents names won't be on the invitation, but it will still show that they're hosting.  It's also less likely to shun your FI's parents than just leaving their names off the invite.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gotcha, that is different than just payment issues. how about:FI andLizdaughter of your parents namesrequest the honor of your presenceat their weddingorcordially invite you to join them in celebrationof their marriage
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Navybaby- Definitely understand what you're saying also. This is one of those things that is going to stress me out. FI feels really strongly about this and I really want to respect his feelings but it's really difficult. What do you think of something like this (don't worry about formatting and other stuff for now): Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} Love was meant to be shared with family and friends Elizabeth Corinne XXXX and Christopher XXXX together with Mary Louise XXXX and Gerard XXXX Invite you to share our joy and support our love As we exchange our vows and are united in marriage. Saturday, the thirteenth of March two thousand and ten at half past five in the evening Memorial Park 1620 Riverside Avenue Jacksonville, Florida Dinner and merriment to follow at Friday Musicale 645 Oak Street Jacksonville, Florida
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops...I broke the thread :(Britt- I like that option also.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The way you have it sounds good. Why is there tiny font on this thread, it hurts my eyes!Also if his parents are not even coming to the wedding I would not worry about shunning them by leaving them off the invite.
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Coming in late here...but I like how you have it lucky.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    I like the way Britt suggested the best.
    edited December 2011
    Lucky, the way you have it doesn't distinguish who is getting married.
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It would if she put: We, Elizabeth Corinne XXXX and Christopher XXXX together with Mary Louise XXXX and Gerard XXXX Invite you to share our joy and support our love As we exchange our vows and are united in marriage
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That fixes it, good job Christie.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah...sorry about breaking the thread. Not sure how that happened. Good point about not distinguishing but I think the "We" takes care of that. Thanks for the input ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards