Virginia-Richmond

Bridal Salon opinions

I've just in Richmond for a while, but hear from girls who have been here longer that I should shop Jingles, Bella Rose & Tiffanys for my gown and bridesmaids ... I don't hear much about them on these boards, though, so I'm not sure.  Any advice, good bad or other?

Re: Bridal Salon opinions

• edited December 2011
    I stopped by Jingles and Tiffany's while I was looking for my gown. I had no complaints with either place, the staff was very friendly at both stores which made it a pleasant experience. The only thing I will mention is that most of the dresses in Jingles were a little more on the pricier side in comparison to the other local shops in Richmond. I would say definitely go check them all out though, just mention your budget before you get started (if you have one)!Good Luck!! :O)  
  • edited December 2011
    Jingles is great. Bella Rosa is good. I have never been to Tiffany's, but Jingles has alot of very nice dresses. Check out the websites.jinglesbridal.comwww.bellarosabridal.com
  • edited December 2011
    We used Sestra Bridal in Chester.  It is a little farther to drive but the selection, prices and customer service are AWESOME.  And, they have a really talented alterations person who is reasonable and fast!  I love these ladies!  www.sestrabridal.com
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Karibeth1122Karibeth1122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany's on Springfield Rd is not open any longer. You may also want to try Bridal Elegance off Tuckernuck near David's Bridal. I got my dress at Jingles (it was on sale off the rack, great price) and have had nothing but a great experienc with them so far, I go for my final fitting this weekend and have had no problems.
  • edited December 2011
    Bridal Elegance is a Salon near Parham that I absolutely LOVED. They have a wonderful selection of dresses that you can order in numerous different colors. The women are extremely helpful and price themselves on making sure you LOVE your dress choices. Their in house alterations are extremely well priced and the selection of shoes and jewelry is also amazing.Bella Rosa was a little pushy when I couldn't afford the $5,000 gown I loved.  It really just depends on your budget, but I believe Bridal Elegance is the best of both worlds!Good luck : )
  • JenniferkhJenniferkh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i purchased my dress at Bella Rosa and had a WONDERFUL experience!  i tried on many dresses, at many stores, including Jingles, and i kept coming back to Bella.  they are of a higher scale and therefore you might not get the discounts you can get elsewhere but the customer service is second to none.  i was recognized every time i walked through the doors and the ladies there are all so incredibly pleasant and easy to work with.i ended up buying and off the rack dress there and stuck with them for alterations.  it was not cheap, but worth EVERY PENNY!  my dress looked and fit AMAZING on my wedding day!i couldn't recommend them any higher!
  • edited December 2011
    Bella Rosa has great service and they keep all of their dresses in plastic bags, so when i ended up buying my dress off the rack there it was in excellent condition.  I got my bridesmaid dresses at Jingles and had a great experience there too.  I did notice thought that the dresses you try on are not in the greatest shape- missing buttons and stuff from lots of people thumbing through them and they don't keep them in plastic bags, so their off the rack dresses were not in as nice condition.
  • edited December 2011
    I know it's been a while, but I just saw this post. Jingles and Bella Rosa are on the more expensive side, so make sure you make it known what you're willing to spend. Jingles' staff was very nice, Bella Rosa can't say the same. The dress I THOUGHT I was going to buy is at Tiffany's which IS still open- they moved to a bigger space on Parham near Regency Mall. Bridal Elegance is awesome and not pushy at all- I dealt with them as a bridesmaid. David's was kind of a nightmare- telling me that a dress that wasn't even online yet it was so new may not be available anymore if I didn't order it that night. Blah blah blah. Oh well. I ended up in Charlottesville for my Maggie Sottero. Richmond definitely has some good shops though!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm interested in a Maggie Sottero gown as well. What was the name of the salon in Charlottesville where you purchased yours? I Thanks in advance!
    Soon-To-Be Heather Nixon
  • edited December 2011
    I saw you mentioned price of alterations at Bridal Elegance but what about the outcome of your alterations...were you very satified?  I have an appointment with them this saturday but my biggest fear is buying a dress and having the alterations get screwed up...
  • CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Charlottesville salon is West Main Bridal. It's not the nicest salon...they don't really help you much.

Jingles and Bella Rosa are definitely the nicest shops in the immediate area.

Also keep an eye on Church Street Bridal in Lynchburg.  Kleinfeld gives them sample gowns to sell to raise money for charity. :)  I've been there a few times and have never seen a dress for over $700...even dresses that retailed for over $10,000.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards