Ohio-Cincinnati

Married and Vender Reviews!

My wedding was Saturday, but we're not leaving for our honeymoon until Wednesday, so I'm posting these while everything is still fresh in my mind.  I had absolutely zero problems and everything went exactly, or better, than I planned it.  I did a ton of research and was extremely organized, so I'm sure that helped.  Every single one of my venders gets an A+, so I'll just post my impressions.Ceremony Location - Armstrong Chapel, Indian HillWe used the small historical chapel, and it was lovely.  The wedding coordinator at Armstrong was very willing to work with us, they took down their seasonal decorations so we could put ours in, and it was the perfect location for us.  The weather cooperated with us, so we were able to use the gorgeous grounds for our pictures.Hair - Debbie, Shear Luck SalonDebbie is a friend of the family, and she was AMAZING.  I wanted an extremely time consuming vintage down style, and she listened to me and took the time to do it right.  She even came to the church with me to take my hair down at the absolute last minute so it would be perfect for my pictures.Make-up - Kendall NiemeyerMy make-up was exactly what I wanted it to be.  I had a fantastic trial with Kendall, and she came out to the salon to do make up for us.  I originally told her it would be me and 3 girls, and my mom, grandmother, etc decided they wanted theirs done too after they saw the first couple girls she did.  She was flexible enough to be able to do 9 people.  She gave me a bit of a scare by not responding to my email for a week, but she quickly made that right.Photography - Kim Long PhotographyKim is a goddess.  She's a sweetheart, super talented, and an absolute pleasure to work with.  She was very relaxed yet organized, and she had some really interesting, original, and artistic ideas for our pictures.  She showed us some of her shots in her camera, and I'm so floored with how great they look.  I can't wait until we can see the final product.Reception - Embassy Suites Rivercenter, CovingtonWow.  Just wow.  I had a huge amount of special requests for my reception, and they handled everything perfectly.  From special furniture from their storage room, to special order flowers for their included centerpieces, to changing their room layout to accommodate the seating I wanted, to specific instructions on favors, photo upload cards, and out of town bags, they were perfect in every respect.  The food was even better than it was in our trial, and we got tons of compliments.  We used the River View room, and they also threw in the use of the Captains View room for us.  They were inexpensive and they handled everything for me, which seriously reduced my stress.Flowers - Wyoming FloristThe owner of this florist, Mary, is the aunt of one of my co-workers.  I'm SO glad I went with her.  She was very inexpensive for everything we got, and the flowers were beautiful.  The church looked like something out of a bridal magazine.  Cake - Patricia's My cake was to die for.  It was super moist, and sweet but not too sweet.  Tons and tons of compliments.  We just had one flavor, a raspberry and french vanilla marble with raspberry filling.  It was amazing.  The cake looked exactly how I pictured it, and the buttercream frosting was so smooth that it looked like fondant.  There were just a couple pieces left over at the end of the night, and H and I wolfed those down in our room at 4 in the morning.  DJ - Tim Hicks, Sound Productions DJsTim is the owner of Sound Productions, and he was highly recommended from two different friends.  He didn't disappoint.  We had some requests that weren't in his library, and he got those for us with no problem.  He didn't play anything on our do not play list, and he listened to all our ideas and incorporated them really well.  He helped us come up with our timeline, made sure he pronounced everyone's name correctly, kept us on schedule, and was very professional and organized.  Alterations - Pauline MillerPauline was exactly what everyone else here has said.  She was incredibly cheap, and my dress fit like a glove.  I'll be back to her for sure.Tuxedos - Folchi'sFolchi's went above and beyond for us.  Every tuxedo fit perfectly.  H bought his tux from them, and his alterations were exactly how he wanted them.  They even comped his vest and bow tie.  They've started carrying sportcoats and suits as well for sale, and H said he'll be back to them for work clothes as well.I think that's everything!  I'll post pictures as soon as I have them. 
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Married and Vender Reviews!

• clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! I'm glad everything went great!I'd like to ask for the contact information for your hair dresser, make-up artist, and your baker.  What were their price ranges, btw?  That would also help.Thanks so much!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • rschuckmanrschuckman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats.  I'm glad you had a great wedding.  Have fun on your honeymoon!!!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    clearheavens,Hairdresser is 583-9900.  I'm not entirely positive what she charged, but it was pretty cheap.  We paid $125 for myself, my mom, and my grandmother.Make up artist is kendall.niemeyer@insigntbb.comShe charges $40 for the bride.  A trial is $20, and you use that towards the day-of cost if you book with her.  Bridesmaids and moms were $25.The bakery is at 733-3100.  She charges $3.50 a slice, and there's a delivery charge and equipment deposit as well.  She costs a little more than others that are recommended here, but I didn't like the taste or options that the available cheaper places offered.  We get a free fresh top layer of cake in any flavor we would like for our 1 year anniversary, so that evens out the cost for me.For reference, I had 97 guests, and I was slightly under my budget of $10,000. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!  I've contacted Kendall and I'll be sure to mention that you referred me because she did a great job. :PI can't wait to see your pictures!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards