Kentucky

Fall Wedding with muted/white/cream tones -- Flower suggestions

Hello ladies,We are planning an October 2010 wedding but I am dead set on having muted tones, creams, whites, etc. for my colors. Do you have suggestions on fall appropriate flowers but in that color palette?Thank you so much for your suggestions.Best,Maggie

Re: Fall Wedding with muted/white/cream tones -- Flower suggestions

• edited December 2011
    I like bright yellow gerber(a) {not sure of the spelling on those} daisies and those calla lilies that are orange, red and yellow. Mix it with some green or burgundy berries. That would really "pop" against the creams and whites. Ask your florist for suggestions too. They have tons of ideas.  
  • Maggie MorrisMaggie Morris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Actually, I was hoping to find creams/whites/muted colored flowers that may be considered "fall" flowers... Any insight?I'm going to meet with my florist soon to discuss but just wanted to start putting together ideas. Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    I think the muted creams would look stunning next to a chocolate brown dress...That palate really lends to a lot of creativity...Check with your florist on availability as many flowers will either not be in season, or much more expensive to secure for that time of year.
  • edited December 2011
    Ohhhhh, okay, I get it now. I like those colors even better!What about some blush colored peonies and/or cabbage roses?
  • edited December 2011
    I think peonies are limited to the spring/early summer months...but some cabbage roses would be FABULOUS!
  • Tuneful_BrideTuneful_Bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gardenias would be gorgeous, but probably a bit pricey. You can get white mums, snapdragons, and roses pretty cheaply and easily, and you might still be able to get Queen Anne's lace, if you want a bit of a wildflower look to the bouquets.
  • Maggie MorrisMaggie Morris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies! I appreciate all of your input. Great suggestions as I don't know my flowers very well!
  • stephy_pink83stephy_pink83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin got married this past October, and her wedding colors were basically black and ivory- very classy and elegant.  For her flowers she was originally just thinking ivory to go with her colors, but her florist suggested very light peach color roses.  I never would have thought about it, but the color was gorgeous and very appropriate for fall.  They would also look great with brown instead of black.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards