Massachusetts-Boston

? for PoB Brides

So I ordered my dress from PoB June 2008, and paid the 50% deposit.  My dress came in in March 2009.  I still haven't gone to "visit" it bc I don't really want to pay the other 50% until I HAVE to.  But now I have my shoes picked out and am dying to try it on with them.  Plus, when I originally tried on the sample in the store, it was like 5 sizes too big, and I am so excited to try it on in my size (although I have to admit I am a bit worried bc girls always say bridal sizes run small and I ordered the dress in my street size--and the girl "measuring" me seemed to not really know what she was doing).Do you know, will they require the other 50% if I go in to "visit" my dress, even if I won't be ready for alterations until at least January (their suggestion)?  I just have a hard time justifying spending the money before I have to (esp when it's collecting interest in the bank!).  TIA!  :)
Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
by Shannon Sorensen Photography
My hubby & I rock the frock.
Bio

Re: ? for PoB Brides

• edited December 2011
    We didn't have to pay the full amount until when we took it home I don't think.  I'm fairly sure anyways.  My mom paid for it so I am not 100% certain - but as far as I could tell we did not pay the full balance until we took it home.  Or at least until the alterations were done. 
  • edited December 2011
    My dress isn't in yet, but from what I understand you don't pay the balance until your alterations are done and you are taking it home.  Just call and make an appointment to try it on with your shoes. When is your first fitting?
  • jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info girls!  :)  I'll try calling and making an appt--can't wait to see my dress with my pretty pink shoes!  And actually take some pics with me in my dress.clbartnicki--I don't have to go in for my first fitting until at least January--Michelle said they don't like to do anything more than 6 months out if they can help it since a bride's weight can change--and our wedding isn't until June 12. 
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • edited December 2011
    That makes sense! I am getting married June 18th 2010 and they said that even though my dress will likely be in Nov/Dec they didnt want to schedule my fittings until Feb (which is fine with me so I can drop a few lbs before then!). So exciting! Take pics!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I actually just got the call on my birthday a few weeks ago that my dress was in. I went to "visit" it and they made me pay the other 50% right then and there. I was bummed because it totally wiped out my bank account. I didn't have a fitting or anything, I just wanted to try it on to make sure it fit and I still had to pay the other half! I do love my Nora but boy did she make me broke!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards