Canada
Options

Blair's Catering

Hi Ladies I was wondering if anyone had any comments about Blair's catering? I think I am leaning towards using them but wanted feedback on them first. If you've had a tasting please let me know how it was:) Thanks all.

Re: Blair's Catering

• Options
    LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Blair's Catering for my wedding next June. Mark, who has been working with us has been fantastic. Answering any questions we have & coming up with the perfect menu for our budget and tastes. They offer tastings about a month or so before your event so I'll be doing that next year. I've heard a lot of good things about them. I'm happy with my choice :) Good Luck!
  • Options
    mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your reply.  I think we are both getting married at the same venue, the Argonaut Rowing Club.  Yes Mark has been great so far.  We will be meeting him to settle on a menu soon.If I was correct in my assumption above, are you getting married in front of the fire place or window?Any information you would be willing to share about your experiences so far working with the venue or any tips would be awsome.Congrats to you on your day!
  • Options
    LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, Yup I'm getting married at the Rowing Club June 19th! I actually haven't settled on where we plan to have the ceremony. Lynn suggested the fireplace because it can be decorated nicely. My mother also thinks it's a good idea. I saw a picture the other day of it set up in front of the windows and it looked just as nice! Ahhh too many decisions! I think both the venue & Mark have been great to work with so far! Lynn even stayed late one day so that my parents could meet Mark there to go over the menu and linen choices. Plus, for that price & that view you can't get better!! When are you getting married there? I'm so excited for it! It feels like it's taking forever! - Heather//Levenah
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Heather, Yes we are sooo exicted too! We are getting married October 9, 2010. I also saw photos of the wedding by the window...I can't decide either. The sunset would be amazing to see while getting married but the fire place is stunning with all the candles. Glad you are having a good experience with everything. We are meeting with Mark next week to talk menu. I think we will likely go with him. It makes me feel better that Lynn and Mark have worked together before and his food looks great. Agreed on price...let me tell you his menu prices are the most reasonable I've seen yet! I got a quote from another of their preferred caterers Daniel et Daniel for $20K just food....no thanks :) I am excited to hear what you think of your taste test! keep me posted I'd love to know. How many people are you having? We are likely to have 150. We are budgeting for $4K alcohol worst case scenario but hoping it comes in at around $3K or less. Thanks for getting back to me. Glad there is someone out there who is getting married at the same place that I can bounce ideas off of. Have a great weekend! Monique
  • Options
    LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Monique, I think the candles around the fireplace will be amazing. I think they'll also make for amazing pictures too. I'm worried about lighting if we have the ceremony against the windows. Could be lots of reflections and what not. Maybe be something I need to discuss with my photographer before I pick a place. Yeah I really like that Mark has worked with the Rowing Club before. He understands all the rules there as well as knows his way around the kitchen there. I think it'll make things a lot easier. I couldn't believe some of the quotes I got from other companies too! They were insane!! I guess another reason I went with Blair's is because they had simple food. I wanted stuff that people could easily recognize and enjoy! Here's the menu we went with: Cocktails - Antipasto station - Fresh assorted cheeses and fruit - Vegetables and dip - Hummas w/ garlic roasted Flatbreads - Fruit Punch Dinner - Chef Carved Roast Beef - Smoked Salmon - Herb Chicken Breast - Penne Marinara - Garlic Potatoes - Spring Vegetables - I can't remember this one! lol - Ceasar Salad - Garden Salad - Mango Berry Salad - Creamy Coleslaw - Fresh Veggies - Fresh Bread & Rolls Then Coffee, Tea & Dessert will be served with my wedding cake :) We are having about 90-110 people so far. My Fiancee is american, so we are still unsure about exactly how many people will be taking the trip up. I'm thinking about 15-30. But you know, people say one thing and do another! We'll def keep in contact during our planning! It'll be cool to see how you plan to decorate! Email me anytime at levenah@gmail.com :) Enjoy your weekend! - Heather//Levenah
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Heather That sounds great! Yes I thought about the lighting as well and the glair off the windows. Fire place will be amazing. We are meeting with Mark and I think we are going with the following: Passed appetizers (various) Our dinner will be platted with: Butternut Squash soup Canneloni with Ricotta Veal Medalion and Chicken duo (I hope) Tartuffo dessert (italian ice cream ball-nice and light) Dessert table: Coffee tea wedding cake (likely cupcakes but only 3-4 dozen). I am thinking about adding fruit cheese and crackers and a few Italian cookies at the dessert table but I don't want to go overboard with quantity of food because I would feel terrible throwing it away. I still have to mull that one over. Yes I will definitely keep in touch with you during the planning. :) my email is moniquerotondo@rogers.com. Have a great weekend too. ps wedding show is on at MTCC this weekend, I went this AM and it was not bad. not many deals but some good ideas
  • Options
    LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Hey, Yeah the fireplace I think is the way to go!! The candles will just give such an amazing affect! I'm so excited to decorate it. I'm not sure what else I'm going to do with it just yet, besides candles obviously. I think we are going to hang paper lanterns around inside in our colors (pink/white ect.) I don't want to go too overboard though! Your dinner sounds yummy!! I wish I could have cupcakes, my mother veto'd it on me. Oh well. I just want something super yummy so I'll make sure our cake is. I also don't want to have TOO much food. That's why I decided not to get the late night buffet. I only expect my friends to be there by then, and handful of them at most. And if we really get hungry, we'll order some pizza's back at the hotel! lol Lemme know how your meeting with Mark goes! I haven't talked to him in a while because everything is pretty much set. I wish I could have gone to the wedding show! I'm actually in the states until about a month and a half before my wedding - ack! So yeah planning this all from distance - it sucks!! Talk to you soon! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards