Illinois-Chicago
Options

Argentina?

FI and I are looking into Argentina for our honeymoon. We were thinking seeing the Igazu Falls & staying mainly in Buenos Aires. Have any of you ladies been there or know friends that have? Where would you recommend staying? Any other recommendations for what to do are welcome as well! : )

Re: Argentina?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to Iguazu Falls and Buenos Aires. I LOVED Iguazu - it was my favorite part of that vacation (we also went to Rio). It is such a beautiful spot. Make sure you go down to the river - even though getting down there can be a little scary. There is a property in the park, but we stayed somewhere just outside on the Argentinian side. I don't remember where we stayed in Buenos Aires either, but we did things like going to a tango show, walked the Recoleta cemetery, Plaza de Mayo, Casa Rosada, etc. All the touristy stuff. It was fun and the food is amazing too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going in Feb and staying in Palermo Soho.  Supposedly that's the "hip" are with all the shops and restaurants, etc.  We're staying at Glu.  We also looked at Mine and Home.  We're taking a side trip to Mendoza and then flying back to BA and staying at Tailor Made for 2 nights. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Argentina! But I was also born there so I am a bit partial. :-) Can't recommend on where to stay (every time I have gone I have stayed with family). Shopping on Calle Florida downtown is fun. La Boca is a neat place to see, lots of colorful houses, people dancing tango in the streets and also vendors selling semi homemade things. And the food! I don't know where to begin. My favorite are the sandwiches de miga. The exchange rate really works in our favor right now. Can't wait to go there on our 2 nd honeymoon in Jan 2011.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     Thanks for all the info!  I majored in Spanish and lived in Spain 2x so I'm excited to finally visit another Spanish speaking country...and yes, I've read a lot about the food...cant' wait : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards