New Jersey - South
Options

ideas of weekend getaway?

My FI and I are trying to find a place to go for just a little weekend getaway towards the end of October to celebrate our one year of being engaged. We go down to the shore all the time and make short trips to AC lots. Do you girls have any suggestions? We thought about the Poconos or somewhere out there but we don't know any places to stay/dine/etc. We love good food and drinks if it helps! Thank you!

Re: ideas of weekend getaway?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Jim Thorpe, PA. Lots to see and do, good food, great Inns and B&Bs. Quite romantic, too!
    L'isle Sur la Sorgue, Provence

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The H and I stayed at the Lancaster Arts Hotel in downtown Lancaster this summer and it was fabulous.  I didn't want to come home.  That bed was the absolute most comfortable bed I have ever slept on.  The entire hotel smelled so good and was so clean.  There are a ton of restaurants downtown. www.lancasterartshotel.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our friends go to the Crescent Lodge in the Pocono's every year and actually got engaged there last year. Lots to do and very relaxing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Annapolis, MD is also very quaint--good restaurants and a couple hotels in the downtown plus B&B's.  The whole place is walkable and its right on the water so its gorgeous!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DC! FI and I have the same birthday so instead of gifts we go on a trip. We stayed at the Swann House in Dupont Circle and it was AMAZING! It's a big beautiful brick bed and breakfast. The rooms were gorgeous and the staff was wonderful. There's a ton to do in the city and most of it is free. It would be beautiful this time of year with the leaves changing and you can just take the train down. Good luck!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went for a spa weekend with my girlfriends and we stayed at The Chesapeak Hyatt.  it is an amazing hotel, right on the water and it has a great bar, huge fire place outside and an amazing spa.  It is right near St Michael's Md which is a quaint little town, kind of a Haddonfield/Cape May feel there.   http://chesapeakebay.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jspI am hoping to go back there w/ FI someday!!  Maybe for our anniversary.  =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second St. Michael's MD-FI and I stayed at a B&B there and it was great.  The stores and restaurants have weird off season hours but it is a cute town. I also second The Poconos-it would be good at this time of year.  Caesar's Resorts have 4 locations and 3 of them are adults only.  As an engagement present, FI and I were given a week stay at Cove Haven and it was nice.  We were a little hesitant at first b/c some rooms have these huge champagne hot tubs and some are heart shaped and we thought it would be skuzzy but it was great! We went in March so we were able to go snowtubing, skiing and snowmobiling but there were plenty of other things to do like indoor miniature golf, roller skating, ice skating, archery, etc.Plus breakfast and dinner are included and are both yummy!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards