Ohio-Cincinnati

Tuxes or Suits?

I have started looking at wedding dresses (pics, not trying on quite yet) and when asking my fiance what he preferred for him and the groomsmen he prefers to do black suits or something like that instead of having to rent tuxes.  Our wedding will be a late afternoon wedding in the early fall.  The bridesmaids dresses have not been picked out but will most likely be some kind of 'fall' color - brown, burnt orange, maroon, etc?  Is your fiance and groomsmen renting tuxes or is anyone going more casual?  Every wedding I have been to, the bridal party has had tuxes and I am having a hard time visualising otherwise.  Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Re: Tuxes or Suits?

• edited December 2011
    We have rented tuxes for the men. Our wedding is this upcoming Saturday. The girls dresses are amethyst (dark purple). Although our colors are amethyst, chocolate, and red, they are wearing black tuxes. It is your wedding, so whatever you want goes!! I have seen pics of weddings where the guys were in suits, and it is a more laid back feel, but it still looked put together. Either direction (formal/more laid back) that you go, the girls dresses should reflect the same style/feel.
  • afloggieafloggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are probably doing suits for our wedding, I want the guys to be comfy
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing suits because I don't really care to have the guys wearing tuxes.  I don't see the need for everyone to rent a tux for $100+ when they all already have a nice dark suit at home.  Plus, our wedding isn't going to be super  formal.  But I also am letting my girls pick a dress in a number of colors, so I obviously don't have the desire to have everything matching.  Here's a look at a wedding where the guys all wore suits.  In fact, they wore khaki suits which didn't match.  Not for everyone, but hopefully the photo will help you to visualize something other than tuxes.  [url]http://thebudgetsavvybride.com/2009/06/04/our-wedding-groomsmen-photos/[/url]
  • hunleyweddinghunleywedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the responses.  I went through tons of pics on here and did find quite a few where the groomsmen wore suits.  While I would actually prefer tuxes I think, I do want my fiance to be happy and comfortable as well - he is not one to usually dress up very often:)  While I love the look of the brown suits, I would imagine that many of them would be more likely to have black suits.  We could then get matching ties for everyone that goes with the wedding colors. 
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would wait until you find your dress and the bm dresses to decide. I thought I wanted suits until I saw the great look of a tux with everything else. I was happy I went with a tux vs. a suit. It went with my wedding much better.
  • edited December 2011
    You can also rent suits and that's much cheaper. Be careful with the blacks, though; different fabrics make different blacks and you may not notice, but it shows in pictures.  :)
  • hunleyweddinghunleywedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks...that is actually what I am worried about - different shades of black suits.  I am going to wait until I find my wedding dress and the bridesmaids dresses before I commit to an answer with the fiance:)  I told him that I would keep an open mind and we could discuss again soon....
  • 123kk123kk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think tuxedo's have so much more class!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards