Massachusetts-Boston

Check: Suit up!

So last night I went with FI, his best man, and another local groomsman to pick out the suits at Men's Wearhouse, and I hate to admit it, but it was one of the most fun parts of planning to date. The guys kept cracking jokes and the guy who was assisting us requested a DVD of our wedding because he was all but pissing himself laughing. Just another reminder of how blessed we are to have these people in our lives. I can't freaking wait to get married! haha Oh, and of course, we picked the suits, and they'll look mighty handsome. Yay!

Re: Check: Suit up!

• Brads GirlBrads Girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had fun shopping with the guys too.....it was especially funny when they all wanted me to check the waists and butts like momma used to do ahahahahah
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! That is a fun check. Ian and I really enjoyed it because he got his tux for free :-DIt's fun to see the guys getting into it! (Just a bit of warning, though---try and manhandle Mens Wearhouse into having your tuxes ready at least 3 or 4 days before the wedding, and insist that the groomsmen pick them up as soon as they are ready. Mens Wearhouse screwed up the measurements on ALL of my groomsmens tuxes, and although most of them got the problems fixed by Saturday, my brother got notified that his tux was ready as he was standing in the church that morning! He was mighty uncomfortable in a jacket that was too tight!)
  • edited December 2011
    That's so fun! We got suits from MW as well for our guys and they were so helpful - and we got an awesome deal on them. Love seeing more gals doing suits in lieu of tuxes! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Fun!  It sounds like your wedding will be great.  What kind of suits?  Buying or renting?
  • Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They're renting, Calvin Klein 3 button. The groomsmen will have latte herringbone vests and long ties and FI will have an ivory vest and tie (white shirt, the ivory shirt looked yellow). They have the promotion for renting at least 4 tuxes or suits and getting the groom's for free, and also the guys signed up for the "Perfect Fit" card and got an additional $20 off the rental. We're picking them all up at the same location in Hanover on the Thursday before the wedding. Since the guys are from CT, NY, and MA, we figured it would be easiest for them to all be at the same location. Eri, I think suits look so much classier. I've never seen a guy completely rock a tux without looking mildly uncomfortable.
  • edited December 2011
    OOO I like...FI wants to do like a gunmetal gray color and I did not realize MW rented suits!  So good news :)
  • baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome! I'm pretty sure we're going with Mens Wearhouse, too.  FI already picked out something in the little flyer we got from David's Bridal about it.  I wish I could go, but FI's kind of got his heart set on it being a "guys-only" outing.  Which I guess is fair, he's not exactly coming with us girls bridesmaid dress shopping!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aystate, if you're doing colored vests and ties, just make sure you send a swatch with him of what you want. I forgot my swatches and the colors they had were a bit different in person than on the website, so I pretty much guessed what was closest (which wasn't too hard).
  • edited December 2011
    Shaz - my thoughts exactly! Except James Bond. If all our groomsmen (and FI) looked like JB, I'd have them in tuxes. Not the case however! We got 3 piece Calvin Klein vested suits (fav designer), so the vest matches. I thought the whole look was perfect, sort of vintage inspired but with a modern cut - just what I was looking for! And MW's ivory shirts totally look yellow, especially under those lights. We are going with a Joesph & Feiss "soft white" shirt. I equate it to "dimaond white" for brides :) It's not ivory, it's not bright white, it's in the middle. FI already owns one, but we're trying to track them down for the rest of the gang.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards