Texas-Houston

Alteration Recommendations

I am thinking about going to Linda's Couture in Uptown Park for my wedding dress alterations.  I was quoted over the phone to expect anywhere up to $1000!  This sounds a bit high to me and I was wondering if anyone has used this alteration service and what they ending up spending. My dress is pretty simple and does not have any lace or beadwork on it.  Also, does anyone have any other great recommendations.  I live in the Galleria area and would prefer to stay near.Thanks,Sarah

Re: Alteration Recommendations

• shelly0921shelly0921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Arlene with Beautiful U.  They were very nice... and others have had a great experience with them.  I will say though, if you use her, confirm everything twice... I came to pick up my wedding dress the day before my wedding and they asked me to come back because they couldn't find it.  It cost about $300 for all my alterations... lots of lace. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Linda's couture for my Vera Wang dress.  It cost $900 and at first I was really reluctant.  So far I have had 3 fittings and she has done a WONDERFUL job!  My top needed to be taken in a lot because I'm small on top and I was afraid that it would change the draping shape of the dress.My mom is an excellent seamstress as well and she has told me that it is worth it.  Why pay for an incredible dress that doesn't really fit you well?  It seems expensive but I'm glad it is in the hands of someone who has experience with fine dresses.  GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I used David's Bridal, I never thought to go anywhere else. I figured my dress cost alot already and I didn't want to risk taking it anywhere. I had it hemmed up because I am short and I also had the French tail put in on the back to lift the train. I paid 120 for the hemm, and 120 for the french tail, total out the door was $240
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards