Florida-Central Florida

Photographer Recs for Honeymoon Photo Session

Hey girls! I'm usually on the Austin, TX board, but FI and I will be coming to Disney World for our honeymoon Oct 26-31, and we were hoping to find a good photographer who could do an engagement type shoot with us while at Disney. The photographer must have their own access to theme parks, as we would ideally like the session to take place either in Magic Kingdom or Epcot. We also need the session to include shooting time, and CD of the high resolution files from the session (ideally RAW, unedited files). Please let me know if you have any recommendations! TIA!
Liz & David | 10/23/09
Planning Bio

Re: Photographer Recs for Honeymoon Photo Session

• gorjushgorjush member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi and welcome to the CFL board! what is your budget for the session?
  • alannaufalannauf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm not totally positive, but i want to say disneyworld has some pretty strict restrictions about outside photographers taking pics on the property. i could be wrong, but i think i remember hearing that. one of the other ladies might be able to tell you for sure.
  • BananaMustangBananaMustang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, Disney does have VERY strict policies on outside photographers doing photo shoots inside the parks...as in normally there has to be a media representative with any outside photographer at ALL TIMES....So think very carefully if doing at Magic Kingdom or Epcot before you go down that route.... Now, if you choose to do a shoot at say the Boardwalk or the resort you are staying at, you can get away with it....I know several photographers who have done shoots at the Boardwalk.... If you are hell-bent on doing a shoot in the parks, and you've got money to spend, you may be able to hire a Disney photographer to do the shoot...You'd probably need to go through the Disney Weddings to start.... GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Contact Randy Chapman... He shoots many Disney Weddings and the brides on the Disney boards absolutely rave about him. His prices are quite reasonable in my opinion, and he was very professional and flexible when I spoke to him.
  • jazzycazyjazzycazy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are Disney Boards...???
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, there are disney boards. DISboards. =)There are a few photographers who are allowed to shoot at Disney. I would NOT go through Disney weddings because they will try to nickel and dime you. I would try the disney boards first. I think Misty Miotto might be able to shoot there...not sure...
  • BananaMustangBananaMustang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry, I should have rephrased that...if you cant find a photographer through the disney boards, try to get the names of photographers used at Disney through disney weddings...but don't go through them directly....they will do more than nickel and dime you...they will charge you an arm, a leg, and your first born child lol!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't realize they had strict rules about photography. Maybe we can pretend we're related to the photographer, and then it's just friendly tourist photos! :P Anyway, the main reason I didn't want to go through Disney to get the photos is that they charge a lot of money for the disc on top of the session fee (which in all fairness is a reasonable session fee, but unfortunately still higher than my budget), and they were not willing to give me unedited files. I looked at their website, and I just don't like the post-processing on the photos (I am a professional photographer)... in my opinion, they over retouch and make people look a bit like plastic. Plus, they wouldn't give me the option of shooting at Magic Kingdom. So I just figured it would probably be easier to find someone from the outside and bring them in... but maybe I was wrong! I sent an email to Misty Miotto, thanks for pointing her out to me... I really like her work! If it doesn't work out with Misty for some reason, I'll check out disboards.com and see what they say. Thanks again girls!
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Hey - I did my engagement pics at Epcot. Technically you are not allowed to take professional photos in the parks, unless you use a Disney photog, and then those sessions are done before the park opens. We just paid for our photographer's admission. No one said anything to us. We were prepared to just act like he was our friend who wanted to try out his new camera equipment. You just have to accept the fact that there will be other people around, who may or may not move out of your way if you ask. My photog had not done pics at the park before, but I explained to them that we'd just have to act like he was a friend, etc, and they agreed to do the shoot there for us. I used Elegant Imagery. Other photographers that have shot in Disney (also just by buying a ticket) are Mike Briggs, Randy Chapman, the Roots. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    Misty was a no go, but I called Mike Briggs and I'm all but booked with him now. I LOVE his work! Thanks so much ladies! You guys were a big help! :)
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Just an FYI I took my e-pics at Islands of Adventure and we just said the photog was a friend. =) But my photog is really awesome and IS a friend now so that makes a big difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards