Massachusetts-Boston

Bored? It's POLL time!

I am unabashedly stealing this poll from the P&E board: 1. Happiest you've ever been:2. Saddest you've ever been:3. Sickest you've ever been:4. Broke-est you've ever been:5. Favorite item of clothing you own:

Re: Bored? It's POLL time!

• edited December 2011
    1. Happiest you've ever been: my wedding and honeymoon2. Saddest you've ever been: when my grandma died unexpectedly around xmas 3 years ago. 3. Sickest you've ever been: wisdom teeth extraction produced 4 dry sockets. I wanted to shoot myself!!!!4. Broke-est you've ever been: in high school, I had to save up $98 to buy a beautiful coat at Urban Outfitters. I handed over $5 worth of quarters to the cashier. 5. Favorite item of clothing you own: my denim collection + my wedding gown. I'm more of an accessories girl.
  • edited December 2011
    I'll Bite: 1. Happiest you've ever been: Marrying my husband-- really, not lying.  I was so happy to stand up there, take our vows together, and kiss in front of all our family and friends. 2. Saddest you've ever been: When my uncle steve died.  We called him 'the funny guy.' he was killed taking driving his suv a ittle too fast, and a winn-dixi truck pulled in front of him.  3. Sickest you've ever been: 6 hours after eating a mushroom and cheese pizza from papa ginos.  I still can't smell the pizza from that place without my stomach going into trapeze acts. 4. Broke-est you've ever been: when both my husband and I lost our jobs together in February 2009-- our $2k mortgage kept us motivated, though. 5. Favorite item of clothing you own: can I say ALL my little cocktail dresses? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    1. Happiest you've ever been:so corny but the day my fi proposed. that and getting my first teaching job2. Saddest you've ever been:graduating college was bad.. couldn't stop crying (i'm so lame) and when my grandmother died when I was 123. Sickest you've ever been:while i'm fairly sick now i've been way worse:in college i had a uti that turned in to a full blown bladder/intestinal infection. also in college i had mono and thought i was going to die. 4. Broke-est you've ever been:Freshmen of college... learning how to buy and pay for things for yourself is really hard.5. Favorite item of clothing you own:I love my new brown leather riding boots from nordstrom. But all time favorite has to be my adorable wool coat from banana.
  • edited December 2011
    1. Happiest you've ever been: My wedding--and even more so--my honeymoon. Sort of bad, but I didn't even expect to be THAT happy on the honeymoon (after 8 years of dating), ha! It was incredible.2. Saddest you've ever been: When my father died of a brain tumor.3. Sickest you've ever been: When I was diagnosed with Type I diabetes.4. Broke-est you've ever been: Have least money now (it'd be college if my parents weren't helping me at that point). That said, I am super careful with money, so I think I'll be OK!5. Favorite item of clothing you own: All of my dresses--anything straight and to the knee! My fave, fave is probably my white Max and Cleo RD dress (photos in Planning Bio).
  • sunshine1084sunshine1084 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Happiest you've ever been:The day FI proposed. It was so completely unexpected and wonderful.2. Saddest you've ever been:I'd have to say when my grandfather passed away. He is such an amazing man and definitely set the bar very high for my expectations of what my man should be :)3. Sickest you've ever been:It involved me, a bottle of limoncello and lemonade.4. Broke-est you've ever been:HA - can I say now? With a new house and upcoming nuptials, things are definitely tight.5. Favorite item of clothing you own:Oooh - love my green cotton dress. So simple but so cute!
  • edited December 2011
    1. Happiest you've ever been: Hands down the day Anthony was born. I've never felt such a rush of love and emotion all in one day. 2. Saddest you've ever been: When my best friend Richie died drunk driving. 3. Sickest you've ever been: Any time I had food poisoning. There's been a few. It is so freakin awful. 4. Broke-est you've ever been: In college. 5. Favorite item of clothing you own: Flip flops. And LOVING that I can wear them year round here in NC!
    Marieke & Michael 5.14.10 Loving life with our 2 boys Anthony (3.22.08) and Dominic (due 2.14.11)!!!
  • baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    1. Happiest you've ever been: The day I found out my sister didn't have a brain tumor.  Actually both days that that happened.  There were two.2. Saddest you've ever been: The day my cousin died.  He was 26.3. Sickest you've ever been: Any one of the times I've gotten shingles (there have been four).4. Broke-est you've ever been: When I was 23...after I got in a car accident and was handicapped and couldn't work for three months...then was going to grad school, living with four roommates and trading in soda cans to get gas money so I could get to my $7/hour job cashiering.  Good times right there.5. Favorite item of clothing you own: The dress from Banana Republic that I bought for my college graduation, that I'm wearing to my FBIL's wedding next summer.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• edited December 2011
    1. When my FI proposed ~ I had been waiting for a very long time.2.When my grandfather died, he had a stroke two days before Christmas.3. Tough one, I get really sick a lot.4. A few semesters in college with no funds coming in and lots of fabric to buy...5. My Michael Kors jeans, in love with them!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Bio -Updated 7/11 image 175 Invited image 140 Partying it up! image 17 Not going to be there image 18 Unknown
    RSVP Date July 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    Baystate: Two things: Thank God your sister didn't have a brain tumor, wow. Second, I've had Zoster virus stuff too--doesn't it suck? Have you gotten Bell's Palsy (where your face is paralyzed) or just the rashes? I've only had problems once--got the Bell's--am so scared it'll come back. Does it happen when you're stressed?
  • cazzysmithcazzysmith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Happiest you've ever been:so far - the day he proposed2. Saddest you've ever been:the year 2000 when 3 of my relatives all passed away within months of each other3. Sickest you've ever been:I think the worst illnesses I've had were bronchitis and strep throat4. Broke-est you've ever been:last December when I'd maxed out my cc's on xmas shopping and used a lot of cash for wedding-related deposits and I couldn't take FI out for the b-day dinner I really want to treat him to - that would also qualify as one of my saddest moments5. Favorite item of clothing you own:my old navy jeans
  • edited December 2011
    1. Happiest you've ever been: The day FI proposed!! Aside from being extremely hungover I was so happy and excited!! 2. Saddest you've ever been: When my father unexpectedly passed away in July 2008 while my mother was fighting cancer... needless to say 2008 was a horrible year for me :( 3. Sickest you've ever been: When I got Mono 2 years ago... who gets Mono at 23 years old and when they are out of college?!?! 4. Broke-est you've ever been: Hahah right now... I'm unemployed and my unemployment hasn't come through yet!! 5. Favorite item of clothing you own: My black strapless polkadot cocktail dress!! LOVE IT! wish i could wear it everyday! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Married September 25,2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Vendor Reviews
  • edited December 2011
    1. Happiest you've ever been:  The day we got engaged.  I felt "happier" than the day we got married because it was a day we didn't share with anybody else, it was all about us.  2. Saddest you've ever been:  When my Dad's 2nd wife died after being sick he was so lost and my heart was literally breaking for him.3. Sickest you've ever been:  The beginning of this year I was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis, a neurological disorder.  I am not "sick" but it was scary not knowing why my eye started drooping suddenly and it took 3 months to diagnose.4. Broke-est you've ever been:  When I was 19 and ran up some credit cards... I was so stupid and it took a long time ot pay off.  5. Favorite item of clothing you own:  light pink juicy couture sweatpants.  <3 them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    1. My wedding day! Happy but of course so emotional at the same time. Rarely in life can you spend an entire day with ALL of your loved ones in one place :-)2. Struggling with depression throughout college---the dull sadness you feel daily for long stretches is by far the worst I have ever had to endure. 3. Got a serious stomach virus when I was living in Utah that was so awful! My whole body hurt and I just cried and cried...FI was just as sick!! It was terrible.4. The third month after I graduated...I had exhausted my savings and hadn't found a job yet! Luckily I found one in month 4. :-)5. This is a hard one, because I have lost a lot of weight and dont really fit into anything anymore. Maybe one of these days I will let EKobs or Evseidl take me cocktail dress shopping and I can snag my new favorite item! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    1. Happiest you've ever been:      The day my FI proposed! I was so taken off guard and in shock all I could do was nervously laugh, and when I saw the ring I was even more shocked and started crying (happy tears lol) 2. Saddest you've ever been:    In 1994 when my grandfather passed away after a brief battle with Pancreatic Cancer he was my world and I was his princess. Then again in 2006 when one of my dearest childhood friends, and the first boy who ever stole my heart passed away after battling a year and half of a rare form of Sarcoma Cancer..he was 29. 3. Sickest you've ever been:    Food Posioning when I was in Disney back in 2000. OMG I literally wanted someone to put me out of my misery! 4. Brokest you've ever been:     I'd say now, but it's not as bad as it could be. I will go with a couple years ago when I was living alone, landlords raised my rent and I had ZERO food in the house. My mom came over and was HORRIFIED! 5. Favorite Item of Clothing you own:      Toss up between my Juicy Sweats and my Levi jeans. Im more of a Handbag girl so can I say the 22 COACH bags in my closet? (LOL I have a problem I know...)
  • edited December 2011
    1. Happiest you've ever been: Either backpacking Europe with the FI (before he was the FI) or the day he gave me a puppy with an engagement ring around the collar (aka the proposal)2. Saddest you've ever been: The day the FI left for his 3rd deployment.3. Sickest you've ever been: When I was med-evaced from the Peace Corps. I spent 17 hours on a flight while vomiting everything I ate and peeing blood from a bladder infection. YA wasn't fun at all. 4. Broke-est you've ever been: DEF hands down when I was in the Peace Corps.5. Favorite item of clothing you own: my grandmother tshirt that I wear to bed sometimes.
  • edited December 2011
    1. HAPPIEST-having my son, not going to lie though, it was about 2 months after when the hormones calmed down!2. SADDEST-aside from when relatives have passed, I'd say when we moved to Foxboro(I'm from Reading) and realized I'm stuck in an area where I don't know anyone, without a car. But I was pregnant, so hormones again were kicked into overdrive.3.SICKEST-ugh, this past Feb. I had Pleurisy, the most painful lung infection that lasted 6 weeks! 4.BROKEST-um, just about everyday! I just paid off all my debt from maxing out all my CC's when I was 18 shopping at Express!5.FAV-well, at this point, I'd have to say my wedding dress!
  • Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. The day FI proposed, it was like a dream, and we had it all to ourselves. 2. Feb. - Mar. 2004 In a span of 1 month, my grandfather died, FI's grandfather died, and we had to put my 14 year old dog to sleep. And FI and I had broken up (but got back together!). It was a rough month. 3. Probably the first migraine I ever got a few months ago. I'd never experienced pain like that before. 4. The first 6 months out of college. I was not good with money and racked up quite a bit of cc debt. I'm working my way out of it though, and learned very quickly how to budget. 5. My old jeans.
  • baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Garden --1) Yeah, it was terrifying...the first time she was diagnosed with epilepsy, which is when it all started.  The second time she was in the hospital after having several seizures a week with absolutely no known triggers, and the doctors suspected either a brain tumor or lesions.  But they found nothing.  She's been seizure-free since April of this year :)2) OMG.  No.  I've never had Bell's, thank God.  I've gotten the rash, though, only on my right side, and my body ached like I'd been beaten all over, repeatedly.  Thank God yours went away.  I would be terrified, too, if that happened to me.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• edited December 2011
    Yikes. Well--I'm glad it was "just" the rash, though I've heard that can be pretty awful (didn't have).Thank God about your sis.
  • edited December 2011
    1. Happiest you've ever been: When FI proposed. Literally jumping up and down!2. Saddest you've ever been: When my mom's last sister died. She's an orphan now. I don't even know how I would function if both of my parents and my sister weren't alive...3. Sickest you've ever been: Junior year in HS. Spent pretty much every weekend in the hospital having tests done. Finally got dx'ed with Crohn's Disease.4. Broke-est you've ever been: 2004. Broke up with The Ex and spent a lot more than I should have... Hello ramen noodles and PBJs.5. Favorite item of clothing you own: Any of my pairs of 7 jeans.
  • edited December 2011
    1. Happiest you've ever been: When FI proposed. It was such an amazing surprise! 2. Saddest you've ever been: When my younger brother was hurt while fighting in Iraq and couldn't come home. I was depressed/anxious for quite some time, worst time in my life. He came home safely thank god. 3. Sickest you've ever been: When I woke up with what I had though to be really bad food poisoning from eating chinese the night before, but turned out to be my apendix! 4. Broke-est you've ever been: When I was 22 and first moved out to CA alone with my company. First time being on my own and was not good at managing my $. I was hitting up Money Tree weekly for pay day loans LOL! 5. Favorite item of clothing you own: My Abercrombie jeans that I've had since I was 18. I'm 28 and they still fit, so of course I have to love them :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards