New Jersey - South

Kenneth Stillman??

Hey Ladies, I am an old knottie married last September!! I am wondering if anyone else is waiting for their wedding video... I finally got a hold of Ken at the end of August, he told me the wedding video would be complete before my anniversary... But 1 week before my anniversary I was unable to get a hold of him... I am very upset it has taken this long.. I know he does a great job, but this is a bit much...

Re: Kenneth Stillman??

• nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try him on facebook....He always get's back to me right away and I know a lot of brides are waiting still but I always expected it to take a year.  I know people who used other videographers and waited just as long but they video was awesome...and others who waitied two months and the video was horrible. Hang in there and keep trying him...I know it's tough b/c your excited to see it but I've never heard anyone say they got a bad video from him
  • edited December 2011
    What has this come to that we have to Facebook a vendor? How about being responsbile and getting back to people through proper channels of communication. What if people don't have Facebook? I know his work is amazing and at first I regretted not having the budget to have a BIG show but I don't regret it all anymore. Customer service trumps quality in my book any day of the week!
  • edited December 2011
    Well said!
    Pregnant with twins! :-) BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Meghan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • sissygirl75sissygirl75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand truly the waiting process... I am very pleased with his product.. But when you tell me it would take 9 months to complete, that is what I expect.  Then it took him almost 1 month to get back to me.... And he said it would be done by my anniversary... And nothing... Not even a phone call or email... I am not pleased!!
  • kimikins79kimikins79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting nervous because I booked him too.  His work is great! I could understand if he takes a long time putting the video together, but to fail to respond - that is not acceptable.  I don't know how well I will deal if he doesnt get back to me... To Bunchy's point- I think we all deserve both - a great video and customer service.  But I keep going back to the same thing - I've seen some pretty cheesy wedding videos and Ken's are really that good (IMO)...dilemmas...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lovemedo0676lovemedo0676 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking about using him but I think I am going to look elsewhere. I'm sorry but a year is too long regardless of how backed up a person is. JMO.
  • lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree with Bunchy.  I know he is great, and I know a lot of girls on here are using him, but I am glad that I didn't. I can't see how it could possibly take a whole year to edit a wedding video with today's technology.  I would hate to wait a whole year, especially for what you have to pay them.  I hope you don't have to pay the final amount until you get your video.  My videographer said 2-3 mo tops, and I know they are good because I saw their stuff, and they came highly recommended.  I feel for those of you still waiting.
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • mhuesser2mhuesser2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i dont know he doesnt really sound that good to me. if you can't get back to your brides what does that say about you. I booked a cinemotapher for my wedding its a bit different then a video its kinda like a movie but he came highly recommended and he said it would only take 6 months to get it to me and i have seen his work and it is amazing!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask whoever you book how long it takes, everyone I know with a good video waited a year if not more. Yeah the not calling back is a pain but I haven't had to deal with that yet, and you don't have to get him on facebook it's just another option.  He updates his blog all the time so you can see where he is at.  Like I know he was at a convention for over a week last week. I also questioned him on all of this and he told me that he was backed up due to an illness in his family a while back and he's still playing catch up...he even hired more editors. I personally emailed him this week and he got back to me less then 24 hrs after I emailed him so I'm happy with him so far
  • edited December 2011
    I was married last August and haven't gotten my video yet but I haven't had any problems getting in touch with him. Email is probably your best bet since he can respond at 2 am or whenever he's free. Make sure you are replying to the same email address that he used to contact you after the wedding. At first the messages from "update" were getting filtered as spam for me.Also, at the risk of sounding very much like the teacher I am, I have a request to make. Ladies try to be patient and keep in mind that other brides are in the same boat and may have been waiting longer. Everyone thinks that their wedding is the most important one he filmed last year but if we try to push our way to the front of the line, we're just slowing everybody down.
    I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • Oct08Bride2BeOct08Bride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married a year ago and was also told that I would have my video by my first anniversary.  He orginally contatcted me and told me I should have it within 2 weeks...that was back in July.  I never receieved anything.  I continued to contact him thru phone messages and email and it took over a month for him to finally respond to one of my emails.  When he did he said he was shipping my video out the next day, even asked for an updated address and I still never receieved anything.  That was about 2 weeks ago.  I emailed last week and left a VM yesterday asking if it was ever sent just to make sure it wasnt lost in the mail and I still havent received a response.I agree with Bunchy...I feel that we pay good money for our vendors and the least they should be able to do is respond to our messages.  I agree he does phenomenal work that is the reason we hired him.  But to wait a year for a video that he told us was shipping numerous times and never did in my opinion we couldve found someone who wasnt going to give us the run around.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Bunchy and lmparlett--you can have great work but if customer service doesn't match, that is not acceptable.  There have been so many brides on here in the past couple of months saying the same things about communication issues.  One bride on the nest yesterday was married in 07 and still has no video!nygirl--I don't think it is fair at all to say that "any video completed in less than a year will be bad".  I personally booked someone who is newer to the area (Steve William of Persempre Videos) who came highly recommended from several Knotties.  I am promised my video in 6 months.  From the rave reviews of the video clip he posted 2 days after my wedding, I am confident that my wedding video will be anything but "cheesy" despite the quick turn around time.  I would not be so quick to judge others vendor choices when you do not know what other video companies are capable of firsthand. 
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We used Ken for our June 2008 wedding and are still waiting for our video also.  When I leave e-mails or call, I am getting no response.  I am actually getting very concerned.
    U/S#1 showed 2 heartbeats! U/S#2 showed Baby A's heartbeat was 157 and Baby B 's heartbeat was 183! U/S#4 showed Baby A is a Boy (heartbeat 161) and Baby B is a Girl (heartbeat 159)!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I’m sorry that everyone is going through this. We are not having a videographer as of now because of our budget. Has anyone ever received their video from this guy?
  • edited December 2011
    Has anyone else seen his latest blog post?  Guess he's annoyed that his phone is ringing off the hook.  JUNE 2008 and no video?!?  I know he "does great work" but this seems crazy to me!  Sounds like he needs to hire more people or stop taking on so many weddings each year.      
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    His blog post gives me such reassurance that we didn't "find" the money somewhere to include his services. Seriously the whole thing is BS. Yeah we get this is your business and your personal life can affect things...isn't that true of anyone with a job? Seriously dude enough with the excuses. Do your work and get it done on time and for Pete's sake call someone back will ya!!
  • edited December 2011
    I totally agree with Bunch and lmparlett, whether he has great video skills or not - any business person needs to have good customer service in order to succeed.  I don't think it is at all unreasonable to expect a video back for your one year anniversary.  To be honest, I was surprised when I read one year, I thought that was long!  FI and I are not having video professionally done so I did not know what the expected time frame is but..a year?  That sounds awfully long.  I think Kenneth Stillman needs to brush up on his customer service skills just a tad.  I hope all of you who are waiting get your videos soon!  Or at least a phone call/email.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok in all honesty I just read his blog and it seems kinda rude. If he were my employee he would be fired! He needs to have someone answer phone calls. This is the business he is in and brides are needy. I think he is trying to do to much himself and needs to let go and have someone else do the phone calls. He is the one you all hire to do the work and that should be his focus. I can't believe he said HIS personal life would affect your video and the same goes for your photographer. REALLY?! Does he know every photog out there and their personal decision making. We hired a friend of the family who has his own videog company and he told us a year. We had a complete worksheet to give music and all of our growing up and together pictures before the wedding so after all he needed were a few from that day if we want.He needs to get his business under controll.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The more I read about people still waiting since June for their videos the more aggrivated I am getting about this.  We were told that we should have ours now 3 different times and we still have nothing.  Its getting to be really ridiculous.  Maybe he saw these posts because I just received an email from him saying that my video was mailed out on Friday (even though he told be the week before that it was shipped and it only takes 1 day to get to us)...yet I am still waiting for the video.  Apparently every time he tells me it has been shipped has been nothing but a lie!
  • edited December 2011
    Ken Stillman does good work.  He was highly recommended from everyone and their mom when I was planning my wedding.  His work was not what I was looking for and so I booked someone else.  Based on all the raves he received when I was planning though I would guess that his business expanded quite a bit.  Perhaps when his business expanded his business plan did not follow.  It seems that he does not have adequate resources to film and edit the number of weddings he is booking and complete a video in under a year. Personal life should not affect your work or business life to the point where work is not done.   Have I taken time off for vacation, the flu, death in the family? Yes, I have.  Have I fallen apart and packed up shop at work because I got into a fight with my husband, because my mom died, because my bank account was cleaned out?  No, I have not.  Business and personal life seldom mix and when they do we need to re-evaluate our selves. 
  • edited December 2011
    Octo bride I would call the BBB if you don't get it by this Friday. i t seems like you have been lied to over and over again. Have you called him on the lies? Like how could you mail it friday when you maile dit 2 weeks ago? He needs to be held accountable.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    D&J...I was thinking the same thing!!  Supossedly it was mailed in Aug, and then again 2 weeks ago, and now it was last friday.  Everyday I go thru the mail hoping its there but of course nothing.  I have no faith that it is even completed now after seeing that the one person who posted is still waiting since June!  The really hard thing is I dont want to get nasty with him because he still has my video.  I dont want to receive a half a** job by him ya know, but my patience has run very thin.  Everyone keeps asking to see the video and I keep having to say that we dont have it yet...my parents the other day were like "what not yet I thought it was shipped"  Its ridiculous!
  • edited December 2011
    A few months back, I was considering a videographer switch but it took a month+ just for him to tell me my date was available.  I wasn't keen on the idea of losing my deposit and having to spend more for Ken's package.  Seeing all this, I'm glad I stuck with my original plan - I'd like to have my wedding video before I have my first child!! 
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I can understand that. I would wait until Friday and just have a heart to heart with him. Nicely say I undertsand it has taken longer and maybe ask for a true ETA not just one he thinks will make you happy and hold you off. I am sure he has good intentions people don't usually set out to be backed up but being upfront with people goes such a long way I don't understand why more people don't do it. You clearly know he has lied and not sent it the 3 times he said he did. Doesn't he think that is taking his great reputation down a notch? Bad news spreads like wildfire the truth may hurt but it's more respectful. Good Luck. Ps. Ken if this may come across your desk just be honest it's easier in the long run.
  • saralansaralan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know Ken Stillman, and I'm not getting a video for our wedding.  For some reason he seems to get a free ride with some on this board.  I'm sorry but there's no excuse for not returning calls  or responding to emails.  And more importantly, there's no excuse for not delivering the final product when you said you would.  I know, if he gets seriously ill or has a death in the family...okay, I'd  give him a break.  But it's been a year since her wedding  - not two or three weeks.  If he's that busy, he needs to hire additional help or cut back on the number of weddings he books each year.   As usual, I agree with Ms. Bunchy.  Customer service is very important to me no matter how nice the video is.
  • edited December 2011
    Saralan - I completely agree...because the videos he eventually produces may be great, it seems like all the other stuff gets swept under the rug and it's totally unacceptable. I follow his blog and there have been a couple post in the last couple months that elude to the fact that he is behind in editing and all the excuses as to why. My big thing is the lying. I wouldn't be able to control myself if I was lied to twice about him shipping my video and it never happened. And as far as personal life affecting his business and your "photographer is the same." That is BS. My photographer had a (positive) life changing event and what did he do? He hired an office assistant. He didn't have one when I booked with him, but less than 6 months later he did, when his personal life got a little more hectic. And it's great because she follows up with me and answers my e-mails and handles all the work that might not be priority for my photog because he's editing someone's wedding photos or e-pics, so in the end, I'm not getting ignored. I agree with annie...he needs to evolve his business plan. When your customer base grows you need to expand with it or eventually you won't be able to keep up and it business will die down quicker than it grew! PS - Still LOVE his big show but nothing is worth the aggravation that some of the KS brides have been going through!
    BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also have to disagree that anyone who get their videos back within a year doesn't do good work.  The stuff I have seen from the PerSempre guy looks wonderful, and he is promising 6 mo.  As well, I am using a video company that told me 4-6 mo.  And their stuff is not cheesy.  Video was FI's call, and he would have never ok'd them if they were cheesy.  They also do a "honeymoon highlight," similar to the BIG show that you get within a week.  If anyone wants their name let me know.
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know some have said he's had some personal issues. I don't know if anyone knows what they are or how the affected his schedule. But I do know that there are other video companies that take just as long. Tangerine Media and Well Spun are known to take up to a year. Comparatively speaking Martin's does good work and gets it to you quick, but I don't think they are as good as these other companies. Maybe the companies that do better work just take a longer time. I've never made a wedding video myself so i have no idea how long it takes. But I don't think I want mine to be quick and cheesy. I'd rather wait and have it non-cheesy.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really don't understand why some are having issues...I just emailed him about my concern with what I'm hearing and heard back from him an hour later and he explained as good as he could what happened and gave me a full description of what's been going on and how they are getting things doneFor those that say that your family life shouldn't effect your business then you don't own a business.  Coming from someone who's FI owns a business, it happens and you can't control it, family is first no matter what.  He has said that something serious happened with his family and it backed things up and that's enough for me. I would never expect him to put my video before his family if something serious happened.I didn't mean that you can't get a good video if it doesn't take a year I meant that most people that have really good videos that I know it took atleast a year so waiting that long isn't unusual...especially when they are doing a ton of weddings and the last couple of months are the biggest wedding months.
  • EatonpoosayEatonpoosay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nygirl, your fiancé does nothing but help people exercise (and not that well from what I've heard). A year is pathetic. My friend used iovino and got hers back in 3 months and it was one of the best things I've ever seen. So don't say nothing. You got an email back because Ken read this thread and is only being prompt with you because you are supporting him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards