Massachusetts-Boston

Halloween

And just cuz I'm curious...what is everyone dressing up as?  I described my costume in the post below.

Re: Halloween

• Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are going as Don and Betty Draper from Mad Men. We are huge dorks.
  • edited December 2011
    Haha Ian and I were talking about going as a bride and groom mostly because we aren't creative and have all the stuff for it :-)I am also a really big fan of frumpy costumes. Like, me as a pumpkin or big ol bumblebee. Decidedly unsexy, but silly.
  • jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure yet.  I wanted FI & I to go as Mr & Mrs Potato Head--but he nixed that.  I'm trying to convince him to go as a cowboy & cowgirl, but he's not into that.  He REALLY wants us to both go as Santa (mainly bc we both already own matching Santa suits from Santa Sunday last year at Sunday River).  But I want to go as something cute--and that beard is itchy! Last year we were Little Red Riding Hood & the Big Bad Wolf, and the year before Dorothy & the Tin Man.
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • edited December 2011
    No clue. Eric and I had the best costumes last year... pic in bio (background made by my friend) so its hard to beat. I have a feeling it'll be a game day decision, thats normally how we roll.
  • edited December 2011
    Bride & Groom - ha! It's our wedding day! If anyone needs costumes for this year, we'll probably be selling our pirate costumes from last year. They are really nice, I made mine by hand... I must have a picture somewhere... shiver me timbers! [img]http://tinyurl.com/yd3vrvm[/img]
  • edited December 2011
    LOL erilou you crack me up. Those costumes are hysterical, I love them! You two look adorable.
  • edited December 2011
    Erilous, those are some AWESOME pirate costumes!
  • edited December 2011
    Great ideasss!  I always like to do a sexy costume, but something unexpected
  • edited December 2011
    Haha - thanks ladies! I'm a total nerd. I used to do costume design. So if anyone needs costumes, let me know! My MOH never gave back my Ren Faire costumes (b*tch), but I have a nice toga (a sewn one, not frat boy type, it was from when I did Oedipus) and I also made Kate Winslet's red/black lace dress from Titanic (dork).
  • cazzysmithcazzysmith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    love your pirate skirt, Erilou!FI doesn't dress up for Halloween (and I haven't in years) but I have this idea of us being Peter and Lois Griffin from Family Guy and we'd carry around a stuffed Stewie.  Someday we'll do it!We'll sorta be playing Peter and Lois next Monday when we see the Kiss show he's dragging me to - I'm not into Kiss!  (sorry if you don't watch Family Guy and have no clue what I'm talking about.)
  • edited December 2011
    cazzy: "I wanna rock and roll all night!" "...And....have a wonderful, time?" [Band stops playing] :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am SO that girl--going as a nurse. I could not resist the dress (sexy, not so short that I can't bend over, ahem, like my previous costumes)--I've just ordered it.http://tinyurl.com/ybxlz76 I ordered 5" red heels to go with it--I'm hoping I can stand for more than 10 minutes.
  • edited December 2011
    Kobs - it's red, but probably won't work for a lobster - but I think you need to buy this anyways to twirl around in meadows [url]http://www.lulus.com/products/Whirl+and+Twirl+Dress/14830.html[/url]
  • edited December 2011
    And for the record, even though FI is a doc, he refuses to dress as one (thinks that's toolish). What can we do for him--any ideas? Some sort of patient?  
  • edited December 2011
    Woah, that is one naughty nurse, lol. Ok so he refuses to be a doc, so yea maybe a patient. Just have him bring home a hospital gown and some gauze and you'll be all set!
  • edited December 2011
    Haha, and I seriously thought that was tame! (Compared to my flapper costume and french maid one--it is. As I said, I am that girl. Someday I will have a burst of creativity--let's hope.)Good idea--will have him snag a gown!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you, erilou!  (I do know the lyrics to R&R All Night, yay)cute idea to have the doc be a patient :)
  • edited December 2011
    cazzy, i am not letting you anywhere NEAR my DH with your peter/lois ideas!!! he would think that is hilarious. As it is, he spouts off WAY too many Family Guy references as it is lol :-)Right now he and his buddies are going through a kick where they say in their best Cleveland voices "thats naaaasty" after everything they say.
  • edited December 2011
    gardenbryd, where did you get that costume?  I love it!!
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha, spuccio, I love Cleveland! :)  FI went through this thing where he'd say stuff in the creepy old neighbor's voice and it creeped me out every time.sometimes when my sis, bil, FI & I are all together we'll get into reciting whole dialogues from the show - it's sad!  But I'll invite Ian to our next gtg!  lol.
  • edited December 2011
    caz & spuc - FI and I love to do the "emphasis on the h" thing - you know, "cool wHip" - hehe. We literally can't hear that word without doing it. It's sad. Off topic: did you guys watch the new Cleveland show?
  • coppolafamilycoppolafamily member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Last yEar we were Strawberry Shortcake and the Purple Pie Man, really funny. This year we are going as boring cowboy/girl's since he wont let me get creative since our wedding is a week later.. boo hoo! Halloween is my favorite!
  • edited December 2011
    Ha, I'm that girl too.  Last year's costume:
  • edited December 2011
    hahahaha no i havent watched the cleveland show but if i had to pick, he would be my favorite character. Ian ALWAYs says cool wHip. Also, he and our best friend Nick sometimes do the Stewie thing where his voice gets higher and higher and higher, asking questions? I crack up. it gets me going so much every time, i almost lose it.
  • edited December 2011
    I will be using the same costume as I did last year because only one person I know saw it lol - I will be a sexy pirate wench lol I made the pirate hat for it....does that count?
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.scavengeinc.com/images/legavenue/plussize-gold-duabloon-costume.jpgthere's my costume.....not me in it lol and I made my own hate because by the time I bought mine the hat was sold out :(
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hehe, yup, my sis does the wHip thing, I love it. :)  And FI's taken to the rising voice thing - which he does to me in the exact same way Stewie does it to Brian (like when asking me about an unfinished project - unfinished projects are my specialty), so sometimes it irks me, lol!  coppola, I was strawberry shortcake like every year when I was a tot.  Love it!!!!  The Purple Pie man idea is brilliant!  Got pics?
  • edited December 2011
    nooo clue about Halloween yet this year.  Our first Halloween we went as global guts contestants and I surprised him with the costume because it was what he really wanted to go as to a date function.  Last year we did Howie Mendell (sp?) & Deal or No Deal girl.  This year we want to try and not spend any money.  I have an outfit from Morocco that I might wear - but I can't think of any famous people or characters from the Middle East that would go well with it at the moment.  I also have bunny ears and cat ears - may be lame and just throw on black pants, a black turtle neck, and be a black cat.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and erilou I did watch the new Cleveland show - didn't love it but will keep watching cuz it's Cleveland.
  • edited December 2011
    Haha I love the one when Stewie asks about Brian's book:Stewie: How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? (voice getting higher pitched) Yea, talking about that 3 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? (voice returns to normal) No, no, you deserve some time off.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards