Illinois-Chicago

Recommend Your Travel Agent!

Hi Ladies,My parents are giving us use of their timeshare for a week for our honeymoon. We have chosen to go to the Costa Del Sol in the Spanish Riviera but would also like to spend a few days in Lisbon, Portugal.  Can anyone recommend their travel agent to help us coordinate multi-city flights and hotel stay in Lisbon? I've never used a travel agent (I plan all my travel online) and would like to work with a referred agent. TIA!

Re: Recommend Your Travel Agent!

• rouhasrouhas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used Diane Rowe at Cary Travel Express.  She was extremely helpful!!
  • edited December 2011
    Where are you staying in Costa de Sol?  I used to live in Huelva (right outside of Sevilla) and you can definitely find cheap flights to Lisbon with easyjet or there are affordable trains as well.  When in Lisbon, I would recommend staying in the Alfama district.  It's definitely the most authentic, but there are a lot of great other areas to stay as well!  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Alison at CRCshe was recommended by several of the ladies on here.http://tinyurl.com/yakezgh
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions, ladies! Tati-We are staying at the Marriott in Estepona (Marbella was booked) and we plan on renting a car to check out the sites nearby.  Thanks for the info re: Lisbon, I welcome any other suggestions you have!
  • edited December 2011
     While in Spain, I would drive to Malaga & I've had friends go to Ronda as well.  I'm not sure how much driving you're willing to do, but I would see if it's possible to go to Granada (not a beach city, but very beautiful!) The trains in Spain are pretty easy to use.  As far as Lisbon goes, it's really easy to get around there.  I think it's still pretty authentic considering it's Western Europe and it is the capital city.  When you're there, I would make go to Belem (borders Lisbon).  The first time I went to Lisbon, I thought it was okay (I went in a group of 8 people) but I went 2x after that and I love it!  I could seriously ramble about Spain & Lisbon so if you have any more questions, please let me know!
  • edited December 2011
    I have also been in touch with Allison her last name is Bastanelli and she has been great to work with. Her extention is (773) 525-3800 x225.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards