• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2009 Weddings

Is this a good idea?

DH and I were thinking we should send thank you notes to all the guests who attended the wedding but didn't give us gifts, just to thank them for celebrating with us. If you got a thank you note like this, would you think we were trying to hint that hey ppl thanks for celebrating, but where's our gift? Obviously that's not the intention, but we don't want to insult anyone. Also, if we send these thank you notes, how soon after the wedding should we send them?

Re: Is this a good idea?

• I sent cards to everyone, gift or not. You invited them to your wedding to be there not to get a gift.
  • As pp stated, you send out a TY card/note to everyone you invited. I even ordered extra cards b/c my co-workers chipped in and gave us a cash gift, so even though they we not invited to the wedding, it's only right to thank them as well. From what I've seen, the 'etiquette' is 6-8 weeks after the wedding took place, but I could be very wrong about the timeframe...
    Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It's not necessary, but it's not a bad idea. We wrote a few like this. Just make it heartfelt - "It was so wonderful to see you and your support means a lot to us..." - and I don't think they'll get the wrong idea at all.I think you can send these within 2-3 months. It gives you a little longer to see if they send a gift afterward, but not so long that the card will look like it's coming out of left field. We sent them right away with our other TY cards. I think all of our late gifts came in within a month.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • See, I knew Ring Pop had the answer...you go girl!
    Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I send thank you cards to everyone who came to the wedding. They were invited to celebrate our day with us, so that's what I thanked them for. I said something like "Thank you so much for coming to our wedding and sharing our day with us! It was great to see you and catch up!" if they were someone who we don't see often.  
  • Thanks ladies! I knew I could count on you for great advice (as always).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards