Ohio-Cincinnati

Beauty by Tamra vs. Brideface??

Has anyone used Tamra as their makeup artist? I was looking into brideface because I hear they're really good, but my coordinator says she likes Tamra better. She says brideface make up can sometimes be very heavy and Tamra does a more classy look. Also brideface is airbrush make-up which I know nothing about. What do you think?

Re: Beauty by Tamra vs. Brideface??

• edited December 2011
    ???I've never even heard of Tamra.I've used Brideface several times, though, and I can say their makeup is in no way heavy or "not classy."Which coordinator are you using?
  • UCBride08UCBride08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brideface is the way to go, hands down. I've never heard of Tamra either. I used Nancy from Brideface. She is pretty much amazing. You can check out some pictures on my photographers blog:http://picturesbytracy.blogspot.com/2009/09/missy-jeremys-wedding-slideshow.html
  • edited December 2011
    Pssst.... lady..Have I told you how jealous I am of your makeup?  I am sooooo wishing I had asked/given Nancy the go ahead to do a more dramatic eye.  You are smokin' in those pics!  :)
  • aebb4aebb4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've also never heard of Tamra but I booked Brideface too. Nancy is really amazing and she will listen to your input and do what you ask. I wanted a smoky eye but not too dark so she used pinks and worked with my skin color & it turned out better than I could imagine. She airbrushed me for my trial & she did my make up for my epics this Sunday and it looked like I had flawless skin. The airbrush feels a little wet at first but it dries and it doesn't even look like you have anything on. Plus she individually place eye lashes so your eyes look great :) I'll try to get my e-pics up when she posts my teasers if you want to look through them. HTH
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the pictures of brideface. I would never say they are heavy- They are skilled to put on makeup that will last your entire wedding. Check out my pics... I used brideface and was VERY pleased. I am usually a MAC user and they are over the top. I never felt like I had makeup on once. Also I have heard from many photographers that some makeup artists dont use enough makeup requiring more touch up work. Just a thought. Do a trial with both and see what you feel. Brideface did 7 of us on my wedding day and everyone was happy.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the replies. Tamra is the in house make up artist for Michael Bambino who is my photographer. I'd never heard of her either, but she's been doing it for like 20 years my coordinator said, and she's just now starting her own thing. She offered to do a free trial for me, so I'm going to check it out, but I think I'm leaning more towards brideface now. Thanks ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Beauty by Tamra per Michael Bambino's recommendation. I just had him do my e-pics on Sunday and she was there doing someone's makeup and it looked great. She was also featured in the Knot Ohio magazine on one of the Cincinnati weddings and the stuff looked good. But I haven't had her do my trial yet since I don't know what I'm looking for yet. But I've also heard really good things about Brideface. Good luck!
  • EABinkholderEABinkholder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brideface for sure!!!! I'm using Mollie and she is wonderful. I do my own makeup really well so I'm always very skeptical of other people doing mine, but Mollie was AMAZING. she made me look so good (if i do say so myself!)  : ) haha no seriously though, I know it says they do airbrush, but they'll do regular makeup if you want them to. that's what Mollie did for my trial! GL
  • hollsmvhollsmv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in the minority here...I had a trial with Nancy from Brideface and while I LOVED her personality, I was not too impressed with my makeup job.  It felt very heavy and by hour 3-4 I looked like a shiny mess (note, I have pretty dry skin).  The makeup settled into my fine lines around my eyes making me look much older than I actually am. and my faux eyelashes fell off.  I wanted sososo badly to get her and maybe it was an off day, but I ended up going elsewhere....She does get rave reviews on here so must be doin something right!
  • UCBride08UCBride08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HR-Thank you so much :) Now, let me just rave about how much I LOVED your hair! Too bad Sam wasn't available....
  • rschuckmanrschuckman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both Brideface and Tamra are great!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I have never heard of Tamra.  Brideface is amazing!  I have used both Nancy and Mollie personally and have been thrilled with both.  Both came the day of and did all of the girl's makeup.  If you would like to see pictures you can go here: http://pictage.com/711649Nancy has added airbrush to her repetoire but she doesn't do only airbrush.  I did not have airbrush and was thrilled with my makeup.  I have problematic skin and had a sizeable zit the day of which you couldn't tell because of the wonderful job she did.  For me makeup was a big deal because I am a bit of a junkie and wanted to make sure that I had someone who was going to make me look my absolute best.  Since the wedding I have been trying to come up with excuses to have Nancy do my makeup again.In regards to the person who wasn't thrilled with their trial, it was a trial.  My makeup from my trial didn't stay perfectly either.  I told Nancy about the things I wanted to change and improve and the day of it was perfect.  Since it is only a trial she isn't going to do it as perfectly as she would the day of.  A trial is only to give you an idea so that you can make changes if necessary and know what you want to do the day of.
    **Vanessa**

My Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I am using beauty by Tamra. I had never heard of her before I was recommended to her by my photographer. She is really sweet but quiet. I clicked with her the first time I met her and decided to go with her before I looked at other places. Have you met with either of them? I had my pre bridal with her and absolutely loved it!
  • edited December 2011
    Once again, vendors aren't allowed.Go away. 
  • Brummy14Brummy14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding where the bride used Brideface this past weekend -- and the makeup turned out great! Nancy was already booked, but two of her artists came out. The makeup looked great, and didn't move an inch for any of us girls the ENTIRE day. I'm not sure I can justify the cost of Brideface (which is why I didn't use her for my wedding) -- the quality is certainly good, I'm just not sure it's THAT much better versus what else is out there to justify the substantial upcharge. I'm just not that familiar with all the other options. ;)
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • stosha1stosha1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Brideface but had Jenny do my wedding makeup. I didn't necessarily want airbrush makeup because I really am blessed with a great complexion and no blemishes. She did an AMAZING job. All of the artists from Brideface here on this blog receive raves. I have never heard of nor used Tamra while investigating who to use on day-of for my MUA. I am a makeup junkie and wanted something more stylish on my day to go with my birdcage veil. But Jenny will totally do a light look. I would check out Brideface's blog for photo examples.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards