Ohio-Cincinnati

***IG.muse***

I'll try to post pictures later when I get a chance. He is amzing. All of us received so so many compliments on our hair - to the point where people are planning on booking them for their upcoming wedding because of it. Like I said, I'll try to post things later when I get a chance!

Re: ***IG.muse***

• edited December 2011
    Yay, thanks. : )
  • edited December 2011
    jro,So glad that you had a great experience with him.  :)  Isn't he great to have there the morning of?  His energy is fantastic.  :)IG, You've probably already seen them, but H did me and my ladies as well (all of the women in the party plus my mom, minus the blonde bridesmaid with the down hair, and MIL).Pics in married bio.
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, hr, I've seen your beautiful pictures. There are a couple reasons I want to see more. One of them being that I need a little more convincing he's worth all the inconvenience going to his salon will cause me (although I realize he's been equated to a hair god). I can't meet his minimum of me plus 3 bridesmaids because I have no adult bridesmaids. My mom, grandma, and great aunt stepped in to help me meet his minimum so he could come to me. FMIL declined the invitation. But then Sam's wife informed me it had to be 3 bridesmaids or the price would be bridesmaid price for my older ladies. I just can't ask them to pay $85 for a 5 minute blow dry (they all have very very short hair cuts) and I can't afford to pay for them myself. So now I have an appointment set up at his salon for the wedding day and I'm not sure if he's worth all the stress and inconvenience traveling all over the place is going to cause me and my mom (who is going to be very tired and stressed at that point, I'm sure). It meant so much to me to be able to get ready at my parents' house and I'd be giving that up to come to him. The other reason I want to see more pics is that if I do end up using him, I need to decide what exactly to ask him to do. I think he tends toward less structured updos, kind of with pinned up curls and I don't know if I'd want something a little more sculpted. I don't know why hair stylists don't have portfolios, all other creative professionals do. Sorry if that turned into a bit of a rant.
  • edited December 2011
    Ah.Hmmm....Well, I think your best bet would be to go to him and have a trial.  During the trial, you can talk about your concerns with him (i.e. see if he'll budge at all on the cost for your family members).  If he brushes you off (fingers crossed that he doesn't), I think you'll have your answer.Also, when is your wedding?  If you're having an evening ceremony, then I don't think it would be too terrible to show up at his salon earlier in the day (though I will admit that having him come to you would be best).  If you're having a morning/early afternoon ceremony, it might be best to look elsewhere if he's not willing to budge on the price for your family members.
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is at 6:30 (although I've started wondering if I should move it to 6:00) and we're doing pictures before the ceremony. My parents' house where I wanted to get ready is in Mason, Sam's salon is in Hyde Park, I guess. So I'd have to do: home-->hair-->make up-->get dressed-->pictures-->ceremony and reception=totally pooped. Sam's wife wasn't willing to budge on the price. I'm thinking of doing the trial like in the winter some time because I don't feel sure enough of what I want yet. I also feel responsible for my grandma and great aunt getting around because both are from out of town and don't drive, so I either have to find someone to take them to a hair salon or get a limo or just pay for Sam to come to my house. I just have a lot of decisions to make and I'm stressed out about the spending spiraling our of control. Yesterday was 200 days till the wedding and I've been having a meltdown all week feeling like I still have so much to do and so many guilt inducing financial decisions to make. (Thanks for listening to my rant.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards