Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Where is everyone..

registering/registered?After Veijes' post about when to register, I've decided to take FI on a surprise "registering" date tomorrow. I just can't wait any longer!We have always known we wanted to register and both Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond, but FI wants to register at 3 places... where is everyone registering??

Re: Where is everyone..

• LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just Target and BB&B, though no one bought off our BB&B registry!
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Really, you too?? I have heard that about a lot of peoples' registries at BB&B.. maybe we should just skip it?
  • kristigileskristigiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to do those two places too, although I feel like it would be easy to have most of my registry at bed bath and beyond since they have so much to choose from. Maybe I should stick more to target...
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
  • edited December 2011
    I've always thought Bed, Bath and Beyond was perfect and it's such a fun store to shop in! I have heard from quite a few people now who say that no one bought off their registry there.... Hmm?
    edited December 2011
    hmm that sucks. Target has a lot of stuff of course, just not as many options
  • edited December 2011
    We really wanted to register at target and BBB too but that sucks that people don't buy much from it. A lot of my friends that have gotten married in the last year have also registered at Crate and Barrel and almost everything on their registry was fulfilled so maybe we will do that, I just figured BBB was cheaper so people would opt to go there rather than Crate & Barrel.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
    edited December 2011
    thats weird that people would go to crate and barrel but not bed bath and beyond... I wonder why
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    edited December 2011
    Crate & Barrell, Macy's, Target.   I can't WAIT to be able to do the rest of it! We started a bit at C&B...oh my was it fun!!
  • edited December 2011
    Williams-Sonoma (I'm a pretty serious cook), Macy's (basically only for china) and Target.I considered skipping Macy's in favor of Herberger's/Younker's (1/2 of our guest list is from northeastern MN) but ultimately chose Macy's because they offer free shipping here & there.None of my family/friends have ever registered at BB&B, but I would be all over that - so much selection, so many price points. It seems like a good option.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Target, Macys, Bed Bath and Beyond. We've had good purchasing from all of the stores. Bed Bath and Beyond gets harder because there aren't as many stores around as there are of say a Target. My sister registered at Crate and Barrel and had a tough time of it because the only one around here is in the Galleria and nobody wanted to drive there after work with the traffic and construction.
  • edited December 2011
    We haven't completely decided yet, but probably Target, BBB, Sears and Menards. Now that I have heard there is a discount on items that aren't fulfilled for you to buy yourself....we could use some home items from Sears and Menards for sure :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AJ&BJAJ&BJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Target, Pottery Barn and Macys. People have used all 3 registries already!!
  • edited December 2011
    We are registered at Macys and BBB.I totally wish we also would have registered at Crate and Barrell since we ran out of things to register for at the other places.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Target Crate and Barrel Kohls REI
  • megs2460megs2460 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Target, Crate and Barrel, and Sears  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are only registering at Target. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Target, Menards, and Kohls. So far, we've had a mix of all three.
  • emilyj77emilyj77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Target, Macy's and Sears. Sears was more for the FI, Target and Macy's were for me. I wanted to do Target because I think everyone in MN expects that you're registered there. And since Macy's is the new Daytons and a lot of my parents friends will expect that, we chose Macy's over BBB. Besides there are more Macy's around MN than BBB. Same goes for Crate and Barrell, since there is only one I feared that not a lot of things would be bought from that regisrty.After my first shower I heard that a lot of the things that we registered for at Target weren't available at the Target in Alexandria where a lot of my FI friends and family will go to shop. Unfortunately there is no way for me to find out what on our registry is available at Target in Alex and what is not, unless I go through each piece and ask. And I don't want to register twice for some things just so that it's available to 30% of our guests. So we'll just have to see how that goes. I'm not sure if there is an advantage to Registering at a regular Target vs. a Super Target like we did. Something to consider.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Suszq002Suszq002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pottery Barn!!! I love that place!
  • edited December 2011
    Target, Macy's and Crate and Barrel. I've heard from a few friends that recently got married that you get almost everything from your Target registry because that's where most people go. I just wish they had better cooking stuff at Target!
  • ciliajonesciliajones member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me and my FI have been living together for about five years..We have a four yr old son. Do you think we should still register? I mean we have everything we would want?
  • jaramlerjaramler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kohl's, Target and Crate & Barrel.I didn't really want to do Target because of the bad return policy.  But I've found there's a good variety between these three stores, and I wanted things available to people who live outside the metro area.I'm getting a little annoyed with the Target one though because I went back on Sunday to update items in the store and the changes are still not showing up online.  They said it would take 24 hours.  I spent a lot of time there and if it didn't save my changes I am going to be so mad.
  • edited December 2011
    cilajones - I would still regsister some place to give your guests options.  Do you guys need new everyday plates or swap out your pots/pans?  My FI and I have lived together for 3 years and have most items, but we'll register for items that we can switch out our other items...like new bed sheets, pots/pans, etc.
  • threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing Crate and Barrel, Target, Home Depot (just GC) and TheHoneymoon.com :) I cant wait to start it....
    imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

• 2beMrsD2beMrsD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Planning on BBB & Target. I'll let FI choose the third if he wants.I almost ALWAYS choose & buy gifts from BBB for showers, weddings, etc.  1. 20% off coupons! (I know that sounds cheap, but whatever- they just get more present!)2. I love going there!
  • edited December 2011
    We did Target, Macy's and Crate and Barrel. I wasn't expecting much from Crate and Barrel but a lot of our out of town guests got the stuff off of there and we aren't even married yet. Plus they have really great stuff.
  • edited December 2011
    We registered at Macy's and Crate & Barrel. We attended one of the wedding registry events at C&B where they close the store except for couples who RSVP for the event. It was a blast!
  • likr0401likr0401 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Target, Macy's, Crate and Barrel :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards