Illinois

Glass drink dispensers??

I am looking for a place to rent some pretty glass drink dispensers.  We are having our reception at our church and they have everything we need in terms of plates, silverware, tables, chairs, and pretty much everything else.  But the only drink dispensers that they have are those big orange Igloo coolers, not really the look I am going for.  I have seen some really pretty glass drink dispensers at Hobby Lobby in Champaign, but they are like $35.00 each and I really didn't want to spend that much on them.  Anyone know of a rental place that might have something like this for a resonable price?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Glass drink dispensers??

• edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about renting, but bed, bath and beyond has some glass dispensers for $20 right now.
  • MrsK09MrsK09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Kswiss, I'll have to check those out!
  • edited December 2011
    You might also want to check gordmans and tj maxx... I heard that they have them as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Pottery Barn sells them as well.
    Photobucket
  • sarah523sarah523 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MrsK, Was your mission successful? If so, mind sharing where you got them and what the final price was? I'm doing a tented reception and am looking for these myself--one for margaritas, one for sangria and a third for some sort of fun non-alcoholic punch or something. Thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MrsK09MrsK09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarah, I was not able to find anywhere to rent them at.  But the girls on here were dead-on about where to buy them.  I found one that was really pretty at TJ Maxx in Champaign, but they only had one.  So I went to Bed Bath & Beyond and they had two different kinds, one was pretty big, very plain and I think it was plastic, but it had a well type thing in the bottom for ice to keep drinks cold (didn't price them, sorry!).  The ones I bought are glass, kind of a hexagon shape and they sit in a black metal base that sits about 8 or 10 inches (maybe a foot) off the table.  They were only 19.99 and they had BUNCHES!  If you go the the BBB in Champaign, don't freak out when you go through the entire store and can't find them, they are just past the check out right before you walk out the door (not sure that's the best place to sell things, but whatever!) I really didn't want to buy them at first, but then after I saw the price I thought I will probably use these for other things like showers that I may throw (none of my maids are married) or parties and stuff, even FI thought they were a good investment!  Hope that helps!
  • sarah523sarah523 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info, Mrs. K! Since my last post, I'm actually no longer doing a tented reception. (FI was never that comfortable with the idea.) Now that we're booking a reception facility that doesn't allow outside beverages, my dream of having cute glass drink dispensers is no longer.  *Sniff*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MrsK09MrsK09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *sad* Maybe you could bring them in for your venue to put their drinks in?  That way you aren't bringing in outside drinks, just outside drink dispensers!  Just a thought!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards