Ohio-Cincinnati

disposable cameras on guests tables

Anyone have any opinions/suggestions on putting cameras on tables for guests to take photos.  I'm on the fence with this idea. I've seen it done often, but wonder if we'll end up with tons of useless pics or tons of cameras that go unused. On the other hand, maybe we'll get some good shots of friends and family members that our photogs may miss out on. Thanks in adance!

Re: disposable cameras on guests tables

• edited December 2011
    It's generally 90/10, useless pics / good pics.  The lighting in receptions is generally so low that those disposables can't catch much.If you're willing to put in the time and effort to get them all developed, it won't necessarily hurt (though it will clutter up your table), but it's probably better if you just ask your guests to upload their digital pics online.
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would skip the disposables. They dont take great pics. I would just ask your guests to share their pics. Even with a digital there is some things that are bad once in a while. Setup a website and ask your guests to share.
  • mjc468mjc468 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with above posts. We have friends that had disposable cameras they said some cameras were actually taken by guests, others were horrible pictures or inappropriate pictures. They said they would have never done it again or recommend. But I guess it also depends on your guests.
  • edited December 2011
    I would do the photo share cards.  At first that's what we were going to do but we found that many people who did the same thing got a lot of stupid drunken pictures of the guests, did not even get the disposables back, and a lot of pics didn't even turn out.  It's a lot of money to buy those, have them developed, and then realize that most of the pics weren't even worth the money.Photo share cards are way cheaper and then that way you can at least hope to get some decent pics without the cost.
  • catbarnes09catbarnes09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing both. I think it will be worth it. The cameras didn't cost much, I think I paid 2.50 each on sale. If they go unshot, we can just use them on our honeymoon. And if the guests take them, I am not out much. We did photoshare cards with Vistaprint, so those didn't cost much either.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips!  No disposable cameras for us! I think we'll pass on the idea:-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards