California-Los Angeles

VENT!!!!!!!!!!!!! (long)

Ok, ladies, I just really need to vent right now.  I feel I've been really good all through this wedding process.  However, the last few weeks have taken its toll.  I'm on the verge of completely losing it!  From these f*********** bridesmaid dresses that have already been replaced and are about to be replaced again a week and half out from the wedding to people deciding our wedding wasn't important enough to figure out AFTER they RSVP'd if they can come or not.  Do they not f'n realize that this is $ we are talking about.  Not to mention that we committed to a certain number of people and with them deciding they aren't coming that we are now going to be stuck paying for an empty plate???  ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!  I want to scream right now.  Today was a really bad day.  I found out all of this about people not coming and that the replacement bridesmaid dresses (that I said I was done dealing with, they can wear something from their closet for all I care anymore) cannot be dyed because the original material has some kind of treatment.I've got a lot going on at work right now so that is also stressing me out.  Like I said in my Monday Confessions I have been fortunate to have had a pretty easy-going planning process all this time up until a month ago.Not to mention the FI issues.  My fam was in from out of town and he was a jerk.  He completely doesn't understand what I've been doing/going through this whole time and especially now.  I've basically planned this wedding with little help from him and he thinks everything I am doing is ridiculous.  Ladies, I'm talking about freakin' programs, hellooooooooooo they have a typical format, why you gotta be so crazy about what goes/doesn't go in them!  Just let me do it like Ive done everything else so we aren't held up getting them printed any longer.Ok, I'm gonna bury myself into a good show and try to forget all this freakin' nonsense a week and a half before my wedding!!!!!Thanks for letting me vent, I just had to let out some of this frustration.  Love you gals!

Re: VENT!!!!!!!!!!!!! (long)

• ericaberryyericaberryy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww this sucks, sending some good vibes your way :)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Ay, Amor, Tu Eres Mi Religion.... -MANA Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm stressed and I have 8 months... I can't imagine how you're feeling. Hopefully you've already taken a deep breath and tried to relax. The day you've been waiting for is almost here :) take everything as it comes... you're day will be perfect :) sending some good vibes your way {{{vibes}}} <3 nic
  • Genie03Genie03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear that your having such a hard time at the last minute. Don't stress to much the main thing is that your marrying Fi if something doesn't get done let it go and move on. Be happy for your big day. you will do fine. I'm sending good luck knottie vibes to you.
  • edited December 2011
    Niko, I really hope everything will clear up soon. Please, try to relax!!! You are so, so close =) Come the next day after the wedding, you will be laughing at all this. Your day will be beautiful. If those last minute people decide not to go to your wedding, then they were not mean to be there to share your beautiful Day in the first place! Its about you & Fi, & you and the hard work you have been through the last months trying to make YOUR special day a dream come true! On your wedding day, sit back & enjoy it! Hey! If there is going to be empty seats... how about having some Sexy L.A knotties attend?? =) (( just saying, hehe)) I really, really hope everything will be okay. I know I am not quite in your shoes as of yet, and the planning process for me has been better than what I expected it to be, and wont know until 2 weeks til our wedding day how I will be dealing with things, BUT, Take a deep breath, take a step back, and watch it unfold =)
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Niko! You poor thing. Just breathe. It will all be over in just over a week. First, tell FI to stop being a back seat planner. Just finish everything you HAVE to get done and don't even consult him with the details because he'll drive you crazy with his opinions. Second, like I said before, LET IT GO. All the little extra touches that you haven't done yet, let it go. I know you want everything that you planned but I want you to have your sanity next Saturday. If it's not vital to you and FI getting married it's not that important. Would it be nice to have it, sure, but it's not going to be the end of the world if you don't. Call me if you feel like venting. Breathe. And try to start enjoying yourself. YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED NEXT SATURDAY!!!!!!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    aw...poor thing. i got really stressed that last week too! but somehow, everything manages to come together in the end!! stay strong!!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Everything will turn our PERFECT! You wait and see! Just let it go....breath in and out. I must agree with Melistar, maybe the empty seats us LA KNOTTIES can take :P
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boy does this suck! it's ok girl, you can vent here all you want! We are here to help one another out! Don't worry just let the little things go. I also broke out not too long ago and told fi to stop being on the side watching me plan this whole thing. So he is now helping (somewhat) but better than before. He didnt know I was stressing this bad...so now he knows. Maybe you should tell fi how you feel. Everything will turn out beutiful and you need to take a deep breath and relax. Hope you have a fabulous day! =) smile and be glad your day is almost here!
  • JenLeuJenLeu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married the day after you and feel the same way.  Everything was pretty good up until the last couple of weeks.  I totally know what you mean...people are so dang inconsiderate when it comes to weddings.  The RSVP situation is just ridiculous and I can't believe how rude some people are.  Don't they realize that this is costing us money???And then on Monday night, FI informs me that he just talked to his dad and they aren't coming the rehearsal dinner!  WTF?  That's like six people that we thought were coming and now they aren't.  We already reserved a room and have a minimum to meet to use the room.  And I've been asking FI for weeks to confirm his family's attendance and he kept telling me I'm nagging him too much...and then something like this happens.  The only good thing about this is that I was proven RIGHT (LOL) and now he can't get mad at me for planning in advance.  Hang in there...you're almost there and your wedding will be fabulous!  Think of how beautiful you're going to be in your dress and how fun it will be to celebrate with your family and friends that attend.  It'll be one of the best days of your life.  You can get through this last week and a half!  You're not alone either...there are other brides out here that know exactly how you feel!
  • veevixxnveevixxn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    niko, it was stressful for me, as well the last 2-3 weeks prior to the wedding. Try to let all the little sh!t go. Focus on the important things and remember that no matter what, you WILL have a beautiful day. I had all sorts of little drama, too, leading up to the wedding day. My FI was also pretty hands off about the planning and DIY stuff.  But when it came to the day of, we had a wonderful time, all those little issues sorted themselves out, and my then FI (stubborn guy that he is) told me over and over again what a beautiful day I had planned for us. Your FI will appreciate those things - trust me. Try to squeeze in some quick exercise if you can - the endorphins are a great stress reliever. :)
  • edited December 2011
    It's all very frustrating, I totally understand. I'm sorry you are having to deal with all of this though!We had to hunt down a ton of people who just didn't RSVP and now a few people have changed their RSVP's after the fact. It's really annoying. I do understand things are hard for people right now as far as not being able to take time off work etc, but just make up your mind one way or another and let us know! We are going to be stuck paying for plates for guests that won't be there too since we have a minimum guest count. I'm just having to try not to worry about it because there is nothing I can do to change the situation and I don't need to add more stress on myself.Just keep breathing!
  • nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awe, I knew my knottie friends would help me feel better!  Thanks ladies. It really helps not only to hear words of encouragement, but also to know I'm not crazy! Thank you so much for all your kind words.  Today has been a better day.  
  • 23sb23sb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about your stress Niko. It's totally understandable especially during crunch time. Definitely try to push the drama and petty stuff aside. It's your time to enjoy your upcoming marriage. Hope you feel better soon (hugs)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards