Nebraska-Omaha

Dress Steaming/Pressing

I just moved to the Omaha area about 2 weeks ago and unfortunately my dress has alot of wrinkles in it, mostly the train, thanks to the move. My wedding is October 10th!! I was wondering if Linda Lee that I keep reading about on these boards would press/steam dresses? If so, how much? I have been hunting around for prices at cleaners and I think some of them are outrageous and have to be "sent away" for the actual job. I keep having nightmares that they would wreck the dress or it would get lost! I also keep hearing about a trick where you steam it yourself with the humidity from the shower in your bathroom...whether it would work or not....I have no idea! Please advice!

Re: Dress Steaming/Pressing

• edited December 2011
    If you bought the dress from a David's Bridal, they will steam your dress for free before your big day. I know they do it right in the store, so maybe give them a call and see if they'll help you out even if your dress is from somewhere else... And congrats on your upcoming big day! Enjoy every moment!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Linda Lee steamed mine but she just included it with the alterations so I'm not sure how much it costs.  I'd just give her a call.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from a DB in another state, but the alterations were not done through the DB store. I hope the Omaha store would steam it! Thank you for the suggestions!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I forgot!  Welcome to Omaha!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! I have an appointment with Linda set up! She said depending on the fulness and material, from what i described to her though she said it should only be around $10! Much better than $40-$90!! It definitely has been a big adjustment moving to Omaha metro! Slowly finding my way around! So far everyone has been very friendly! 10 days!! :):):):)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let us know if we can help you find anything!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards