Louisiana-New Orleans

Free Personal Wedding Website?

[Okay, let me apologize to all of you for all of the posts lately.  We decided to get married with less than 6 months- and who knew there were so many details!!  So thank you all in advance for your kind suggestions!]Which website/host did you use to build your wedding website for guests and travel info?  Was it free?  Did it have a simple address (like www.magenandallan.com)?Thanks!!

Re: Free Personal Wedding Website?

• meganfauermeganfauer member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used the knots website that they allow you to make. But what I did was buy a URL from godaddy.com for $10 it was kevin-megan.com and then I linked my knot page to it. The reason I did this is the knots URL that they give you is so long. I know that there are tons of websites just depends upon if you want to spend money and how much info you want to put on it.Best of luck to you, 6 months will be plenty of time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • tmwhitleytmwhitley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did weddingwire.com and then bought the go daddy domain for $10 too.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Blogger.com (a division of Google) for our page, and forced the content into a website-like feel using a couple of neat little tricks.  It worked for me because I was already familiar with Blogger, and the address was simple enough to put on our save-the-dates (tmerchandfi.blogspot.com).  Not to mention you have the options of taking it off the Google search path and of password-protecting it, if privacy is an issue for you.In fact, if you wanted to go this route I'd be happy to help you get set up.  It's super easy once you know how!
  • edited December 2011
    I designed ours using Project Wedding dot com.  It was really easy and I like the options it offered such as an interactive map, unlimited photo albums, etc.  And, it is free.  The adress is simple enough:  groomandbride.projectwedding.com.  Feel free to check it out if you'd like.  Brandonandjennifer.projectwedding.com
  • edited December 2011
    MyWedding.com (FREE! and easy) - wedding website Honefund.com (FREE to set up... but will charge a very small fee when money is deposited in your acct. the cheapest site out there, I believe and it was easy to use).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards