Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Interviewing Vendors

Hey ladies, The FI and I are interviewing a photo on sunday. I am at a loss for the kind of questions to ask. What were some of the questions you asked you vendors? Thanks ladies

Re: Interviewing Vendors

• pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, when we met with our photographer, we didn't have to ask many questions.  She took us through everything and even had  a sheet with frequently asked questions and answers. 
  • edited December 2011
    Do they have back up equipment?  What kind of equipment do they use?  (even if you aren't familiar with the equipment, they don't know that and you can always ask someone if the equipment is good later)How many photographers will shoot at your wedding (will they have an assistant)?How long to get proof/finals back?How long will they spend with you?Is there a limit to the number of places they'll go during the day (for example: you getting ready, him getting ready, church, off site outdoor shots, reception, etc)?And of course, do they have references and samples you can look at.I know I had more, but this is what I remember off the top of my head.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks everyone. I totally need a FAQ for wedding vendors.
  • elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some one emailed me a really good one from on here but I can't remember who. if you'd like I can forward it on to you. Just let me know :)
    image.
  • edited December 2011
    Make sure you know the specifics with packages you can choose from and if there's any flexibility or customization possible. Also, if you book them now, can you lock in 2009 prices? I can't think of anything else that hasn't already been mentioned. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Good advice I was given is to ask to see all of their pictures from one wedding.  Usually they show you a "best of" from various events.  If they only get 5 great pics and the rest are crap, that would be good to know.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kwynn's bio has an AMAZING list of like 95 questions you can ask ceremony/reception venues, and it can be easily translated into questions about other vendors.  Check it out, it's the best!  I can email it to you if you need, too.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Those emails would be great. My address is lmglaus@gmail.comthanks so much ladies!
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YGM!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    thanks so much ladies. YGM back too!
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto everyone else. We also asked if they had ever shot at our reception site before since it had some quirky lighting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards