Florida-Central Florida

rude vendors

Have any of you had a meeting with a vendor who said something rude to you or insulted you in some way? Obviously, you probably didn't hire the person but tell me about your experience please. 

Re: rude vendors

• edited December 2011
    Actually yes, and I'm using them anyway. At Sacino's, in Altamonte (closed now), the sales person was helping us pick out tuxedos and showing us things in the book. My family is VERY traditional and for a traditional formal day time wedding, TRADITIONALLY a stroller suit or morning suit is used.  This can be seen in The Wedding Date and Princess Diaries (Part 2). (The key word is traditional!)Anyway, it's not what I wanted to have the guys wear so we wanted a professional's view.  And when we asked him, he basically said that NO ONE uses that anymore and he'd never be caught dead wearing it.  My sister looked over and said "That's what all the guys in my wedding wore." And he said "I'm sorry for your guys."  I thought: a) it was beyond rude b) his recovery sucked and c) I asked for tradition, not your opinion.I'm still using the company, but I only deal with the manager now.
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that is totally rude.  Why did you still decide to go with them?  I had a certain well known and well liked florist say to me he would personally never do something I wanted to do and he also almost made fun of me sarcastically when I thought some lavender roses looked pink.... it just wasn't the color I was going for. 
  • edited December 2011
    I would NOT go back to that florist. There are so many great florists in CFL...you do not have to waste your time with that attitude.
  • SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had a well-liked local florist refuse to give me a quote without purple flowers in it, even after i told him i don't LIKE purple flowers and i want pink and cream.i didn't use him.
  • AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so weird. Why on earth would he be insisting on purple flowers??
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    he said that since the bm dresses were purple that i needed purple flowers. haha! umm, no. that doesn't make sense, buddy.
  • bluepoet2007bluepoet2007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When DH and I were looking for a DJ, I ran across one who hit on me during a phone call! I can't remember the name of his company..but he asked me about our wedding colors, etc...and then asked what I looked like! I got really creeped out, so I told him I didn't have to answer that, and I hung up. He had my info by then(email and phone) for quotes because we were still looking. Next thing I know, I got an email from him, apologizing for his question, and blaming it on his culture! (He gave me the excuse that he's Italian and typically Italian men do things like that. What kind of response is that?) No offense to any Italian Knotties (or girls with Italian FIs) on the board...it's literally what he said. I sent a reply back saying we wouldn't be working with him, since he made me ridiculously uncomfortable. He never responded or called again..and obviously we booked a different DJ.
  • AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bluepoet, that sounds so uncomfortable! I'm hispanic, so I know how people from Latin/Italian cultures can be a little more flirty/friendly with everyone- just kind of like they're more comfortable with everyone, but I still think it's rude to hit on someone who's married or engaged no matter what culture you are!  But your story reminded me of a vendor I got a call from once). So the guy calls and I talked to him for a minute, then he tells me that I have a really beautiful speaking voice and starts asking me all these questions about myself and asking why he's never seen me around before. Then he tells me that he just bought a new car and that if I play my cards right, he might take me to the Dark Star show he got tickets for. I Googled it later and if I remember correctly, Dark Star is a cover band for Grateful Dead or something like that. THEN I get off the phone with him and later on I check my email and he sent me pictures of himself posing next to a really girly Volkwagen and says he enjoyed getting to know me. I thought that was kind of psycho... :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarah, who was the florist? Just wondering if it was the same person I talked to.....  That is really crazy that he had to have his own way on YOUR flowers. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did his first name start with an A?He was super nice, but I felt like he wasn't listening to me and was aggressively trying to impose his taste on our wedding!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, it started with a T. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh haha. mine was aaron with flowers of winter park. nice guy and all, but doesn't know that no means no!
  • edited December 2011
    Let me preface this by saying, I'm really big on supporting small businesses (esp. considering our country's current situation) so these were places that I went to before heading to the chains... actually my experiences at these places pushed me to the chains.When I was looking for dresses I went to Long's Bridal. I called before I came to make sure that it would be OK since I was coming from work (at 6) and they closed at 7. I would be alone and simply wanted to get an idea. The sales person suggested that I come when I could bring my mother and friends... I'm thinking "do I need supervision??" Anyway, she reminded me four times that they would be closing before I got of the phone. When I got there at 6:15P, no one helped me. The woman just sat there, read her magazine, and reminded me two more times that they would be closing at 7P.I just went to a party store on East Colonial Dr. to look for/order invites. When I asked an attendant about ordering she waved me to the back of the store to find "the big binders." Before heading back there I asked if I should bring the book up when I find what I want, she then told me that no one in the store knew how to place orders but they could "try." When I asked if I should come back when someone was working that knew how to place the orders she said that individual is on vacation until November. As I left the store, I was told that they're "really focused on Halloween, right now" and I should to go to Hallmark in the Fashion Square Mall. (Clearly this young lady did not own the store.) Lastly, I had my fiance go check out the Longwood Community Building. The rep (Karen) continued to refer to me as his girlfriend even after he corrected her twice. Moreover she acted as if she were in a rush/had other things she needed to do and pretty much rushed him through the viewing. 
  • amyers321amyers321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alexia I am LOL at your post about Sacino's (I worked/work there for the last 4 years...both part time and full time...although not much anymore since they closed the Altamotne Store) I can almost guess who made the comment LOL. Love the Manager(Dave :) I've worked with him since I started...he started right before me. FYI No more free Invites. They cut the program :( I too am using Sacino's....bummed we have to go to Sanford...but Dave is still there as well as Faith and I have worked with/for both of them and love them both like family. Just had to say that LOL. I personally loved the morning suit(minus the striped pants) from teh minute we got them in 2 years ago. So classy looking!~
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I got there at 6:15P, no one helped me. The woman just sat there, read her magazine, and reminded me two more times that they would be closing at 7P.Confession: I had the same experince at Long's. But their sister store, Lily's, was great!
  • edited December 2011
    Amanda... so funny! Really though, my mom was SO PISSED!  She was ranting and raving in the car later... it was a little amusing later, but super annoying at the moment!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards