Connecticut
Options

Water's Edge Resort & Spa (westbrook)

Just wondering if anyone got married or is planning to get married here. This is one of our top choices for venues right now, and I wanted to see if people had any good or bad experiences to share. Any surprises on the day of the wedding? Were you able to negotiate prices at all, or get, or get extras included in the price? Any advice at all is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Re: Water's Edge Resort & Spa (westbrook)

• Options
    rae19rae19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my mother's friend from work went to a wedding there and said that the food wasn't that great. that's subjective, but it was enough for me to cross it off my list. it is a beautiful place though.
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in June. We chose this venue for several reasons.. the view is gorgeous, we can have an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour with ocean views, open bar and the cake are included in the package, overnight accomodations (suite is included for the bride & groom on their wedding night), complimentary massages for the bride & groom, free anniversary dinner the next year, and we'll be saving money on needing to rent limos for transportation since everything will be held at one location. We also won't have to worry about shuttling the OOT guests back and forth from their hotels since they will be staying at the resort on site.We have friends who got married there last year and have nothing but great things to say about it. They worked with Antonella, but we have been working with Cindy who has also been wonderful. As far as negotiating, we didn't really negotiate, but we did receive 2009 pricing instead of 2010 pricing which saved us $10 per person. I've been there several times and the food has always been great. I've been there for weddings, to eat outside on the patio in the summer, and to eat inside at their more formal restaurant. Always a great exeperience! The only con in my eyes is that they do hold more than one event at a time and they are a resort so there will be others there besides your wedding. It doesn't bother us, but I think that is a problem for some people when looking at this venue. So that's something to take into consideration if you were looking for a more private affair. I won't really have more details until December when we meet with Cindy and sit down to discuss everything more in detail. I know there are other girls on this board who have gotten married there recently or are still in the planning process like I am with Waters Edge as their venue. So you should get some more detailed informative responses. HTH! GL in your planning! :0)
  • Options
    malissa033malissa033 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My SIL got married there && my mom && sister had my bridal shower there - both times we worked with Antonella - she is wonderful! I thought the food was delish but if you compare their prices with other venues you don't get as many courses for the same price.... I can't remember what my SIL paid /pp but she only had salad, main entree && their cake. I know she said if she choose a different venue she would of been able to have additional courses like a pasta && intermezzo. But again the food was delish && you have to remember you're also paying for the 'place, view, location' etc. && it's really convenient that your guests can stay there. The cake they make right on premise && is sooo good!!!  HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards