New York-Long Island

SWAN CLUB

Ok, I just got back from the Swan Club, where we're having our ceremony and reception. I feel like I don't like it anymore. Is anyone getting, or has gotten married there to put my mind at ease? Kinda freakin outThank you!

Re: SWAN CLUB

• edited December 2011
    I have seen some great reviews for Swan Club. The grounds are gorgeous to take pics in. Here's a list of reviews of the place (with pics!) so read through some and try to remember what you loved about it in the first place. I had some second thoughts about JT, but that's natural. http://www.nycityweddings.com/chat/searchresults.aspx?ID=4100143
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    what in particular makes you feel that you don't like it anymore? ive been to a few weddings there. overall they were very good. i do have a few issues though: the cocktail area is super small. hard not to feel cramped.  the room that i was in a few times was more cramped than the cocktail area-that may have been a coincidence (a few more guests than were planned for etc). the service was good-not stellar but certainly not terrible. the food was cooked well and tasty. the only other issue i had was that there are more than one wedding going on at a time and you do see people from the other wedding. the bride at mine was chatting with the bride f rom the other for a while and bathroom lines were pretty long=but that's somewhat common when there's more than one event at a time. all of those things taken into consideration-i do think it's a beautiful place and you should have a very nice day :)

• shortkakeshortkake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you guys! We booked the ground level room. I liked the fact that it was private and didn't have to worry about bumping into other parties, but it felt a bit like a VFW Hall.  Maybe I'm overreacting. I just got kinda deflated when I looked at it again last night. The grounds were a huge selling point for me. That's my favorite part. We're having the cocktail hour in the glass pavillion. Is that were you went to one also? Thanks for the reviews and helping to put my mind at ease!  
  • edited December 2011
    No problem! Just try to remember that you're wedding is what YOU make it. My sister had her sweet 16 at a VFW hall and we TRANSFORMED it. You would've never known that's what it was! Just try to think of some DIY touches to jazz it up a bit!
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    yes-it was the pavillion BUT keep in mind that they may have had more people at the wedding than they originally estimated would come. i'd say it was too small by about 10%-which isn't much. i'm sure it will be beautiful. the grounds are absolutely lovely!

• scoobyd266scoobyd266 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin got married there this past June, and she had a beautiful day. There were other weddings, but I didn't find it to be too intrusive. Her bridal suite was nice and her attendents were very accomodating. I was in the bridal party, and I felt that they took very good care of us from the moment we arrived - except for Vanessa, try to stay away from her. The room looked great and the food was good. She had a really good weather day so her pictures in the gardens came out great. I'm sure your wedding will be beautiful, just try to remember all the reasons you liked it there in the first place. Good luck!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! What didnt you like about Vanessa. If she was really bad, I'm going to request not to have her if possible.
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding in that room.  It is NOT like a VFW room.  I'm assumingy ou have an evening wedding.  It has a great feel to it once the candles are on and the lights are dimmed.  It's a beautiful room. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Shortkake I find myself in a similar situation about the Swan Club. Love the location, loved the food (we had lunch there), love the price. Don't love the interior of the Contessa room. I'm a white walls, white everything, minimalist kind of girl. And I find myself hating the decor of the Contessa Room, the room we rented. Does anyone have any pictures of weddings in that room? Or in any of the other rooms, that I could see? I need inspiration. I find the yellow walls and apholstered chairs distracting. However, I am sure, to some extent, that I am having a grass is always greener moment, wishing I'd done something different, after looking at the 700th magazine I've purchased! Having said that, I agree with everything everyone else has posted below. I think the place is really amazing> I saw some other weddings there when I went to each lunch, and it was a really hopping, fun wedding. Everyone looked lovely and happy. I'm sure that your wedding will be too. Anyone who has some great photos of the interior of the Swan Club, LET ME KNOW!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in the Contessa Room on 10/10/10.  I think my maitred is going to be Vanessa.  What was wrong with Vanessa?My father was (re)married there in '85 and I have been dreaming of getting married them since (I was 9).
  • edited December 2011
    Hello all,I am getting married there this summer but in the bigger room. I too love white everything and that room is far from that. I have been very creative. My centerpieces are all wood and white. They are beautiful in that room. They also tone everything else down. I know a lot of people who have been to a lot of weddings there and ALL were very happy. The outside is beautiful, the food is great, and a wedding is only what you make of it. Think of them as the box, and what you put in it is what will make it amazing. Hope that helps
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your post actually did maake me feel better. It's nice to know that I'm not COMPLETLY cray and other brides are feeling the same way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards