• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2009 Weddings

AW: Nothing can stop me!

I just felt like posting (ie being a bit of attention whore for a moment) to say that I am totally motivated to get into shape for January (honeymoon in Dominican)! Finally I actually feel like I am making progress and can I ever feel the changes in my arms and legs already. Rock climbing (indoor) and Wii Active combined is doing wonders, I feel stronger and more toned already. Also, I've decided it's not going to be about losing weight this time. Since last January (almost two years) I've been trying to lose fifteen pounds... (to get back to my pre-college weight) well, clearly, it's just not going to happen. I'm okay with that, finally. I'll have much better upper body strength, better endurance and I'll feel better about myself, I don't need to lose a specific amount of weight to do that. Tonight, since I got called to not go into work because it's super slow, I'm going to clean both bedroom top to bottom and change them around, as much as I can (Paul will have to do the bed and computer desks). Anyone else feeling good about themselves - getting into shape-wise or otherwise??

Re: AW: Nothing can stop me!

• I wish I had your motivation.  I bought 30 day shred but haven't used it yet.  Maybe I'll get off my a$$ and do that now...
  • 30 day shred is ... difficult to say the least. I did five days of it in a row, back in July - never put it on again. Jillian just scares me, I think. Maybe I'll try it again now that i'm more motivated. 
  • Heck yes! After two months of not working out, DH and I are back at the gym. It feels great!! I 100% agree about the weight vs. feeling good. I've always been small and couldn't gain weight if I tried, but before the wedding I gained about five pounds. At first I was a little upset because I thought that everything had caught up to me, but now I realize that I gained weight because I was working out and gaining muscle. I'm the "heaviest" I've been in my life right now, but I'm also the strongest!
    image image

Emilia Antoinette
    10.03.12 at 41w5d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am getting motivated. I have been doing Jillian's Shred for the past 1 1/2 weeks now. I am sick of looking at DH getting all buff and me being so frumpy. So I am motivating. He is helping with the food side of things (just eating better), while I am metally and physically making the commitment of working out at least 5 days a week. So far so good. I am also trying not to worry about actually losing weight, but just feeling better about my over all self!
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/jg49sh.jpg[/IMG]
  • I joined V's volleyball team and we play once a week. Today was the season opener. We won 3 sets and I feel great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • I'm getting motivated, too.  I'm trying to get back to going to the gym three times a week.  I've gone once a week for the last two weeks and I am going to go tomorrow.  Saturday, we are doing a 5K walk for AIDS.  And, I am trying to wean myself back of the caffeine.  I should be real pleasant by the end of the week <grin>.
    My Life in D.C.
    mom and me Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    August Callenge - Traveling Death Rides!

TTC Buddy to The Deaton's
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt15a161.aspx[/img][/url]
  • Back to spin class and pump class 4x a week and getting in as many bike rides as possible before the snow flies.  Love to hike in the snow . . . so winter is good too.  I stopped riding 3 weeks before the wedding because I was paranoid about crashing and having road rash all over on the big day.
    image Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thats awesome Laura! Horray! I also need to get motivated. Maybe we can go back to the daily emails? :o)
  • I'm actually finally comfortable with my weight. I've learned to dress differently, which really helps. Props to all of you who are working out and eating healthy, but I'm just enjoying life...and food. I really didn't lose weight in a healthy way before the wedding, so now I'm trying to do it the right way. I'd like to do b-pics for our 1 year anniversary, so I'm trying not to plump up before then. I actually feel better now that we're making progress on finally getting our house in order. It's only been 3 years for cripes sake. Congrats to all of you losing weight post-wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Good for you and your motivation and positive thinking!!I, unfortunately, have no positive thinking or motivation because of my back pain.. which of course is bothering me this week in addition to my hip.. wtf?  seriously falling apart.  If I can get the pain to go away, I will definitely get into the positive "get healthy" mode.
  • I don't really have anything to AW about, but I wanted to let you know I'm proud of you! I know you've been struggling with getting motivated, and I'm so glad you found something that you feel you can keep up with! way to go! wait, I do feel good about one thing. like you, I am entirely too lazy for my own good, but I have really been doing well with keeping the house in good order. that b!tch is spotless, and I'm determined to keep it that way!
    TTC since October 2010 | BFP 12/29/11 | RRQ BORN 08/26/12
    planned | married | blogged
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay! That's awesome, Laura, good for you! I started this aerobics class last two weeks ago and it's totally gotten me motivated again. It's so hard, but you feel great about yourself afterwards. The house cleaning needs a little work on my part, though! I swear my dishes are breeding and multiplying.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards