Chit Chat

RSVP on The Knot Wedding Website

I am having all of my guests RSVP through our wedding website. I am practicing to see if it works before I have my guests do it. For some of my guests, I do not know their guests name so I just entered them as guest into my guest list. If they try to RSVP, is their anyway for them to put the actual name of their guest so I will have it for seating purposes? Thanks!

Re: RSVP on The Knot Wedding Website

• Please please don't do this. TK is SO glitchy and we've had lots of brides come here saying that they can't see their RSVPs or that their guests can't make it work, etc. Use another website or have your guests e-mail or phone in their RSVP if you're trying to avoid the traditional card.

Anniversary
  • welp.. glad i read this thread since i was going to do the same thing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was considering using the RSVP on this site too along with providing a phone number for those who aren't as familiar with computers/internet.  I've read a lot about the glitches and brides losing the information, but since our website is on our STD, we have had a couple RSVP already.  I've started putting the names and dinner chioces into an Excel file, that way if the site did lose it, I'd still have the information I needed.  Anyone still see a problem with using the site if I keep an extra copy of names/dinner choices?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_rsvp-on-the-knot-wedding-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:1da71338-1b8f-4d70-bed1-ae5f67ef7768Post:84352240-0c8e-4316-b1dd-d29b5465f106">Re: RSVP on The Knot Wedding Website</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was considering using the RSVP on this site too along with providing a phone number for those who aren't as familiar with computers/internet.  I've read a lot about the glitches and brides losing the information, but since our website is on our STD, we have had a couple RSVP already.  I've started putting the names and dinner chioces into an Excel file, that way if the site did lose it, I'd still have the information I needed. <strong> Anyone still see a problem with using the site if I keep an extra copy of names/dinner choices?
    </strong>Posted by danimae323[/QUOTE]

Provided the site doesn't go down or get glitchy again, no. But that's highly unlikely - TK doesn't have a development server so any changes have to be done on the live site which makes everything dissappear for a few days.
    Anniversary
  • I am using the knot plus phone and email. I get an email when someone RSVPS on the site so you will get an email also!
  • I'm using TK and provided a phone number. The only thing I did differently, since I didn't like TK RSVP, was turn the Guest Book into the RSVP section. I just renamed the page and have people leave a message for their RSVP. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 92 Ready to party!
  • Glad I read this as well, was planning to use the wedding website RSVP but now I am thinking an email and phone number RSVP.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I purchased my websitethrough the Knot I received A emailsaying one of my guess Rsvp how do I get it
  • Having a bridezilla moment here - I didn't know email addresses were req'd to RSVP online so I didn't include them on the guest list spreadsheet I uploaded.  I didn't see anywhere that they were needed.  Not everyone has them anyway - especially kids and it seems to want an email for my 3 yr old Niece which doesn't make sense.  When someone tried to RSVP, it said email not valid which is correct because her email address is blank.  When she leaves it blank, it says email required.  What's the workaround?  Can this be deactivated?  Do I tell people to use a generic email that I give to everyone?  This will be sloppy and not preferred since invites and RSVP cards have been printed with just our website link. 
  • This is a dead thread. Look at the dates.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Does anyone know if there is a way to check the RSVPs on The Knot website? I had a glitch in my email address, so I haven't been getting any notifications via email. Is there any way to get in touch with The Knot?
  • CandyBullette this is a zombie thread. Start a new one on the tech board.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards