Illinois-Chicago

Picture Locations in South Suburbs

Hey girls! 10 days to go!  I'm looking for a location to take pictures that has a lot of stairs, preferably pretty ones :)  I know the usual locations to take pictures in the area, but i wanted something different.  Any ideas you had would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

Re: Picture Locations in South Suburbs

• edited December 2011
    Where are you calling the usual locations? I am looking for some too.  My photographer really likes the Hickory Creek Forest Preserve on LaPorte road in Mokena.  No stairs though. 
  • edited December 2011
    Ah, I too would be interested in this; I was just about to post this very question! :) I'm getting married in Calumet City (not from there, but our priest is a GREAT friend of our family and his church is more like a cathedral so it was a no-brainer for me) and our reception is in Mokena. NO idea where to go. I don't want to go to that Water Reclamation site on Harlem becuase I think it's been overdone in my family already. I want something beautiful and pristine! :)
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • edited December 2011
    My church is actually right down the road from the Hickory Creek forest Preserve so I'm familiar with that area.  The typical ones are what Kate was saying, the Water reclamation district, lake katherine, the forest preserves.  I'm looking for something more non-naturey since i'll have plenty of nature based areas to take pictures.  My photographer did this amazing picture with the whole bridal party on these stairs and it was awesome.  so im looking for something like that.
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend the Joliet Train Station downtown.  You can take some cool pics on the tracks and there are plenty of stairs and other fun things to work with.  And then there's the whole downtown area that is fun! 
  • edited December 2011
    I had pics taken at the Tinley Park train station (link to pics in married bio) - there are no stairs but lots of cool places to take photos there and the downtown area right around it
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE your photos Krisdi!!!
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • jacki_suejacki_sue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about Lake Katherine in Palos Heights?  I always thought it was pretty there.J
    Jacki and Wes ~ 10.2.10
    Perfect love drives out fear.
  • edited December 2011
    kthame - thanks!
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • AubsAndSeanAubsAndSean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Doesn't have stairs... but we used Bird Haven Greenhouse in joliet. Beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards