North Carolina
Options

WWYD - Bridals Hair/Makeup

I have booked the amazing Elizabeth Tolley to do my wedding day hair/makeup.  Unfortunately, she is booked (for a wedding) on the day I'm having my bridals done.  Did y'all just DIY hair/makeup for bridals or did you use that as a trial?  If you had it professionally done, does anyone have recommendations for locations/people in Charlotte/LKN areas?  WWYD?

Re: WWYD - Bridals Hair/Makeup

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a bit of a bummer Tif, though at least not a crisis. I think if it were me I would pay to get my hair all prettied up, but take a pass on paying for makeup. I am sure you can do pretty makeup since you know your face. Sorry I am no help on recs. I used to get my hair done in Fort Mill and loved it, but that is a ways away from you. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can always hit up a makeup counter in the mall, but hair I'm not sure. Maybe visit your normal stylist.
  • Options
    ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes make up counters at like belks or something like that.  Just ASK before you sit down some places have you pay or some places make up buy so much in make up.  But if you tell them its for an event maybe they wont make you buy $60 in product.  Have your fingers do the walking call ahead for apts...they tend to get booked up.  Hair use a salon.  If you need a rec I can get your my old hair stylists number she works in Moorseville but has her own thing too...she did my hair for 2 proms and a military ball...I heart her she is amazing!! I dont get to see her much b/c i live 4 hrs away and its a hassel to match up our weekends when I am home (mostly b/c i procrastate on calling for an apt!) my email is ginger@tgifdesign.com email me if you want her info!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is there any way to possibly reschedule your bridals? lol... seriously, she's worth rescheduling for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friends and I used to go into Sephora on Halloween and have them do our makeup for us.  They were always super cool about it and I would usually buy some concealer or something I was going to buy at some point anyway so I didn't feel totally guilty about getting it done for free lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, Katherine -- I'm seriously considering trying to reschedule.  At first I felt like that might be a little ridiculous but Elizabeth is SO amazing (she did my bpics already).  My issue is this whole long distance planning crap.  Living in Raleigh, trying to do everything for the wedding in Charlotte -- and, unfortunately, my job and crazy schedule keeps getting in the way of my wedding planning :) Ha!  Anyway, so yeah, I'm kind of limited to weekends and now I'm running out of time.  But maybe I'll see if I can move everyone to another date..... 
  • Options
    gizmo91909gizmo91909 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out your local hair salons. There are a lot of amazing people out there that have portfolios that do both hair and makeup and can make you look just as gorgeous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Kymm McLean from Who's The Fairest.  She did my e-pics and did a fabulous job.  He studio is located in NoDa, but she travels. I am using her for Bridals and Wedding.  I will probably just use my Bridals as a trial. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Heather from "The Look," she did a great job with my hair/makeup for my bridal trial... I had a beef with her over some shady pricing, but other than that she would be a good choice. Like I said, LOVED Elizabeth Tolley... is there any way you could take a day off of work to do the bridals? I could definitely understand the frustration, trying to plan a wedding that's 2 hours away :(  Where are you getting married BTW? :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PS - Kymm also came highly recommended to me...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies, for the suggestions!  Still trying to decide what to do.  I did check out Kymm but she's booked that day too.  I figure most independent makeup artists probably are since it's a prime wedding weekend.  I'm getting married at Davidson College Presbyterian Church w/ reception at The Point in Mooresville.  I wish I could take time off to do bridals during the week but with the honeymoon and taking a few days here and there for house stuff (we're closing tomorrow, moving), etc I just have no more time :(  Anyone else just tired of all the logistics?  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, Katherine -- I will check out Heather.  You're trial looked beautiful :)
  • Options
    momofaydenmomofayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did anyone else have trouble contacting Elizabeth.  She was supposed to send me my quote 2 weeks ago and didn't. i sent her a reminder and still nothing.  I don't know wheither to look for someone else or what?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My reception is at The Point as well!  My ceremony as well - on the Function Lawn!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Karen from http://www.prettyfaces4all.com/index.htmlShe did wonderfully on my bridal portraits/trial day and I can't wait for her to do my wedding day makeup! She did my trial for free since I'm using her for my wedding day! HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! BTW which weekend are you having bridals?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Momofayden -- yes, sometimes Elizabeth can be hard to get a hold of via email (she's always eventually responded to me, though).  I'd give her a call.  Charleston -- awesome!  Another Point Bride!!  I love it out there...SO amazing.  And Kelley has been awesome to work with.  Katherine -- I'm doing bridals on 10/10.  I'm in the process of checking out recs, so thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree - Kelley is great!  I haven't done much with her yet.  This actually reminds me I should probably schedule a meeting to touch base!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards