Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Can I do this? :-/

I might get trouble for this, but I have been thinking about it a lot lately...After I got my e-pics done, I told the girl who did my hair/makeup that I wanted her to do my wedding too. Here's the thing... Now I really want to book Smart & Chic because I think they would do a much, much better job than this girl... I didn't sign a contract or anything, just let her know the date of my wedding. She does makeup as a second job and doesn't book far in advance, and my wedding is still over 6 months away... is it ok to let her know I changed my mind? Honest thoughts please.

Re: Can I do this? :-/

• threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say tell her you your FMIL/MIL booked someone with out your knowledge...takes the blame off of you? I am bad arent I? Either that or just say you found someone else that matched you style and the groups a little better.
    imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

• KERJFKERJF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes. of course make sure smart and chic has openings for your day. but the way i look at it. 1. you didn't sign a contract, so you aren't legally obligated. 2. i think of it as any other vendor - i.e. photographer - if you found someone you wanted and loved more - sure with that you would lose a deposit- but you would be getting what you wanted. it all ties in with your overall day and look - your hair and makeup will be in every single photo that is taken of you that day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Such a relief to hear you girls say that. I'll check with Smart and Chic and see if they are open for my date. Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree. It's your wedding, you should go for what you want. She will (or at least should) understand that it's nothing personal. You obviously liked her work or you wouldn't have originally jumped to asking her to do your wedding. You've just decided to go a different way. If you haven't signed a contract you have no obligation to her, just as she doesn't to you. She could have very well already booked something else that day if you haven't secured the date in writing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • supersalwasupersalwa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are more than ok to do that. She has plenty of time to re-book your date, and without a contract there's nothing to hold you.If Smart and Chic is booked for your date, try Brynn Andre Beauty - info in bio. She did a WONDERFUL job on all of us and is very reasonably priced.
  • edited December 2011
    It's definitely okay to do that. :)
  • ericaandsyericaandsy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BOOK SMART AND CHIC!! Kira just did my hair and makeup for my wedding this past saturday. She is amazing!! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT..I PROMISE :):)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I did book with Smart and Chic and let the other girl go. I feel SO much better about the situation now! :-)
  • ericaandsyericaandsy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY! you won't regret it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards