Illinois-Chicago

Weather in July?

Hello Girls! I was wondering what the weather is like in Chicago and the burbs in July? I'm gettting married July 16th 2011 but I at least would like an idea of how it is..We plan to get married outside, if the weather permits and I THINK I found the perfect dress..dont wanna be sweaty the day of. Thanks in advance for your input!!!!

Re: Weather in July?

• edited December 2011
    typically scorching though often unpredictable.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, it's usually pretty hot and humid, yet this past summer I do not think there was a day over 90 in July. The summer was pretty mild for Chicago.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • edited December 2011
    Weather.com has historical and average temperature information.
  • awed81awed81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would not want to plan an outdoor wedding, in Chicago, in July. The weather is just too unpredictable. What are you going to do if it's 103 degrees and humid? Or 66 degrees and raining? Which are both good possibilities. But, if you are sure that's the route you want, make sure you have an equally great backup space! Good luck with the planning!
  • keawanakeawana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!!! I would hate for it to be 103 the day of our wedding...sheesh. lol. Thank you girls for helping me out..I figured if it were to get to hot or if it rained then we would have a tent?
  • edited December 2011
    does the place you're doing it at have a tent? i might be wrong but i think it's pretty $$$ to have ac in a tent...unless of course the venue is already set up that way....as a guest who sweats alot i would hate an outdoor wedding on a typical july day in chicago...i'd be dying....but this july wasn't bad...so you never know..it could be perfect.
  • edited December 2011
    PP have pretty much nailed the weather, but I wanted to add if I were you I would not buy a dress yet - you have almost 2 years before your wedding and styles and what you like may change within that timeframe - I've seen so many brides become multiple dress brides because they bought their dress too early and changed their minds - if you do buy it though, I suggest to stop looking at dresses altogether.
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • sandra78sandra78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I imagine a tent without A/C would be like going to a stuffy circus. A tent would just trap the heat in!
  • shelly&nickshelly&nick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married 7/11/09 and it was a perfect 82 degrees and sunny with blue skies.  The year before my sister in law got married on 7/18 and it was another perfect day.  It can be very unpredictable.  It's going to be a wonderful summer day for your wedding!  Best wishes!
  • keawanakeawana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you girls! And shelly&nick I really hope so!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards