Massachusetts-Boston

need to vent

Ahh...why do some people not respond to e-mails? Really, even to just say "hey, I'm really busy...but let's catch up soon".... you have time... I know you do. I can see on FB that you're watching DVR!This also goes along with my other rant, which is, NO, you really DON'T have a year to write thank-yous. Be prompt, it's courteous. You have time. I know you do.End vent. Feel much better. Thank you ladies. Anyone else need to vent?

Re: need to vent

• edited December 2011
    Oh yea, I'm right there. How about you cash that check from your wedding on August 8th! I know you've been home from your honeymoon for weeks and weeks. And while you're at it... send us a damn ty note!
  • edited December 2011
    that drives me nuts too...
  • jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yesterday FI & I got a TY from one of his cousin's weddings we went to last month (the one's we gave the bathrobes too for anyone who remembers my post)...anyway it was one of those dreaded PREPRINTED cards without any note or anything.  They didn't even sign them.  And the message on it was a cheesy poem (FI was like, "They couldn't even write their OWN message?!").  On top of that they addressed it to:Mr. FI'sfirst FI'slast + Myfirstand sent it to FI's parents house.  He's 30!  He hasn't lived there in like 10 years!  And I KNOW they have my last name & our correct mailing address because it was on our engagement announcement, and the RSVP card for the wedding, AND their wedding gift.  Grrrrrr.....
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • shagadelk7shagadelk7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am guilty of waiting over a month to cash wedding checks. I think people actually had TYs from me before I had most of my checks cashed.In my defense, we were gone on our honeymoon for 2 weeks and everyone wrote "sara + new last name" on our checks.  Too bad that "sara + new last name" doesn't exist bc I wasn't changing my name. I had to wait to get my marriage license to prove what my name would be if I was planning to change it to be able to cash the checks made out to me.
  • jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I forgot, at their wedding when we saw them I guess they didn't recognize the names on our gift (we just signed the card with our First & Last names, although obviously our mailing address & full names were on the box), and they told us they didn't know who it was from and thought they just scored free bathrobes from a mix-up at Macy's!  They only figured it out when FMIL said something to the bride about us & used our first names and it clicked with the bride.  They said they were so happy to "solve the mystery" bc now they could send us a thank us for the robes.  Um, yeah.  I'm guessing that TY isn't coming.
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • shelle46shelle46 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    went to a wedding in June....still no thank you note!
  • cazzysmithcazzysmith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm very guilty - shower 8/16 and most of my ty's have yet to be sent.  No good reason!  I suck!I'll try to be much better on my wedding ty's...
  • edited December 2011
    So annoying!! I know you got my gift, tracking says you did. Why don't I have a TY? I sent you a TY 1 week after I came home from my HM. Hmph.
  • edited December 2011
    Here's my vent: Why do you effin' care about receiving a "timely" TY card?  And who decides what is timely and what isn't??  If you're a real stickler for manners, you should call the guest and thank them on the phone.  Long distance is uber inexpensive nowadays, plus you'd save some trees.It took me 3 months to send out 100 TY cards.  I am not embarrassed.  Those months were literally the best months of my adult life and I had much better things to do as a happy and content newlywed.  Life is back to being sucky now, hence my crabbish post.
  • edited December 2011
    This is motivating me to get my thank yous done this weekend--thank you! It's been 2 months since my wedding (no, a bit more), and really, it's getting ridiculous.
  • edited December 2011
    FFF, I don't think 3 mos is that bad...my point was more about people who really think they have a whole year, and wait until their anniversary month to even start thinking about it... that, to me, is just insulting to the gift giver.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't agree with the 1 year rule either.  But I know a lot of ppl (here and in the real world) think there's a 1 month rule, which is kinda bizarre to me.
  • shagadelk7shagadelk7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had two 24 hour plane rides from my honeymoon. I can tell you that is the ONLY reason why they got done as early as they did. If we had a quick plane ride I am almost 100% sure that I wold still be doing them...over 3 months later.
  • edited December 2011
    i went to a wedding in June 2008 and still haven't recieved a thank you. I know- I should forget about it, but it bothered me that I spend the time and money to pick out a nice gift and go the out of town wedding and then no thank you.  you can bet after my wedding this couple is going to be the first thank you i write- though i doubt it'll guilt them because they probably don't even remember.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards