Massachusetts-Boston

NWR: A little bummed out.

My birthday is on Saturday and FI just told me they scheduled him to work 8pm - 4am tomorrow night, 4-midnight on Friday, and noon-8pm Saturday, on top of his normal 7am-8pm Sundays...I have gotten used to his whacky schedule, but I don't remember him ever having a schedule/week like this, even during the height of football season. Why does it have to happen the week of my birthday?? I know I'll still have a nice weekend but I'm having a little pity party for myself right now because as of 20 minutes ago, we had plans to go out Friday night. Boo NFL for stealing my FI away! Aaaaaand pity party is over.

Re: NWR: A little bummed out.

• edited December 2011
    Aw, sorry, dear!In same boat, ah! Bday on Monday. My hubs (in Providence, me in NYC) is going to be on call Friday night, Saturday morning, and all Sunday--so I'm not going to see him until a week after the day. Funnily enough, we ALSO had plans for Friday, until he got his revised schedule. Poo.You and I can pity party it up together!  
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry. That is a bummer. I hope you have a great b-day. That being said I am now SUPER curious as to what your FI does!
  • Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww, I'm sorry. It's such a bummer, but if they love what they do, it's hard to complain. FI's trying to scramble to find someone to swap Friday night, so we'll see...*sigh* I guess the issue is the network decided to air tennis from Australia or something, which means lots of overnight/odd schedule shifts. There will be wine and chocolate at this party, for sure! I have had a hankering to have a Sex and the City marathon night. Maybe this is the time to do it.
  • edited December 2011
    That is a bummer. :-( But if he knows anything, about anything, he will make it up to you!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Always, he's a live events coordinator for a couple different sports networks. So basically, what you see on TV for sports, he's the guy putting the programming feed through.
  • edited December 2011
    I love the wine, choc, SIC marathon idea--might just steal it, ha! Hope he gets the night off!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards