Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Do your co workers

Always have to see what you're eating for lunch? Everytime I'm in the lunch room the same person walks in and picks up my smartones box and has to see what it is. Then waits to see what it looks like when it's done and sticks her face in lunch to smell it. WTH? If it is something I brought from home, I spend most of my lunch telling them what it is and how I cooked it. Last week she got out a fork, and actually took a bite of my lunch! I think I work in a very strange office unless this happens other places?!

Re: Do your co workers

• edited December 2011
    We eat at our desks, so this doesn't happen unless it is something that smells particularly good.
  • edited December 2011
    We certainly say hey whats that, or how did you make.  But we never taste, and we don't sniff it.  May check out what the cardboard box looks like, or the contents after nuking, but not quite to your level. 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    and ew to her taking a bite of food. I don't share food. I would have screamed at her.
  • edited December 2011
    N - I don't share food either. Thank goodness I was almost done anyway. I threw it out after that.
  • edited December 2011
    Ew! No, thank goodness. But, then again, they eat at 11:00 and I eat at 1:00.
  • elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If someone took out a fork and took a bite of my lunch I think I would have to challange her to a fork dual a give her a little poke! Who would go forkin around someones lunch uninvited! That's crazy!
    image.
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um, that is crazy that she took a bite of your lunch.  And gross.  My office is the same as N's- we eat at our desks if we stay in the office, and nobody cares what you're eating unless it smells particularly delicious.  Or particularly weird, I guess :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
     I would have to challange her to a forkThis made me lol!!! but no- people at my work do NOT do that! Maybe- MAYBE- they'll ask what someone is eating if it smells/looks good.  But we're like N and eat at our desks
  • edited December 2011
    Wow - I think that's crossing a line.  I don't share food either - unless it's with DH.  I have major food issues - so even someone hovering over my food in any way freaks me out.But - we eat in our offices - the most I might get is that smells good, or what are you eating.  But I typically close the door to eat, so it's pretty rare.
  • McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ew!  I can't believe she took a bite!People comment on good smelling lunches a lot here, which can get on my nerves a little.  Because I want to eat my lunch while it is hot, not explain exactly where I bought it, made it, etc.  But that is really too far. 
  • SteelrsGrl92SteelrsGrl92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do have one that is always like mmmmmm ur salad looks good,even tho its always the same....I can't believe she really took a bite of ur food Hahaha elisha

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Glad I can bring on the giggles :) We eat in our offices here too, but I think thats only so we can continue to avoid each other... and so the guys can watch the Simpsons on Hulu
    image.
  • edited December 2011
    If someone took out a fork and took a bite of my lunch I think I would have to challange her to a fork dual a give her a little poke! Lol!! Elisha, you make me :-). That really is unbelievable though. Like others, I get asked what I'm eating, but not to your extent. I'd either scream at her or fork her in the hand. I really think you should try one of the two! :-P
  • edited December 2011
    We'll only remark if it smells good and that's at a distance...not all sticking their nose in the plate.  That is so bizare that she took food off your plate.LMAO Elisha "don't go forking around" too funny!
  • themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elisha, after meeting you, I can totally see you challenging someone to a fork dual or forking their hand. And I can DEFINITELY see N or Molly forking someone's hand! You don't mess with their food.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
    edited December 2011
    haha thank stace. I think a fork dual or anything to keep someone from forkin around in mah food ;p
    image.
  • McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This post reminds me of a separate annoyance.  My ILs will constantly "share" food or drinks.  So like if FIL gets up to get a glass of iced tea and asks MIL if she wants anything, she says she will just share his and then they drink out of the same glass...or the same plate, fork, whatevs.  I find this so gross and annoying.  Just get another glass, plate fork and eat your own food without spreading germs!  Argh!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards