Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

wedding planners?

I am so overwhelmed right now that I figured I would ask you girls for some help. As you know from my previous posts I really dont have a set theme, idea, decision on what I want my wedding to be like. I am taking a job transfer as well which will require me to travel 60% of my time. I am now debating if I should hire a wedding planner to help me out. Does anyone recommend any? The thing is my venue already helped me find photographer, the person who is doing my flowers, dj, hotels, cake, and dress. So I don't want to spend too much money on a wedding planner but I need some help with getting my ideas together. Do you recommend hiring a wedding planner? Do you know how much they usually cost? Can anyone recommend me someone that isn't too costly?

Re: wedding planners?

• Options
    rschuckmanrschuckman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can hire a wedding planning for day-of / weekend of coordination, partial planning, full planning and hourly consultations (timelines, certain wedding tasks, etc).  Sounds like you may be interested in partial planning help or weekend-of help.  Day-of/weekend-of help usually runs about $750.  Partial planning around $1,000.  I would strongly recommend Your Wedding By Jen (Jen Pritchard) or Bridget Horne-Nestor with I-DO weddings.  Hope that helps.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Kristen Kloth with Tres Chic Event Planning just for DoC services, but I would HIGHLY recommend her for full service planning as well, if that's what you're looking for.[url]www.treschiceventplanning.com[/url] Her prices are on her website.  Totally worth every penny.  :)I know a LOT of other girls on here have used her as well.  I'm sure they'll pipe in soon.hth  :)
  • Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I travel a lot for my job as well so I feel you on this one. Here is the thing, once you get the large details done, will you need this person. I had a DOC and while it was a nice thought, it was just one more person I had to deal with meeting prior to the wedding. The knot boards are SUPER helpful and all of my information came from here or word of mouth. How much time do you have left prior to the wedding. That might be the teller there. Good luck and feel free to ask any of us for help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kristen Kloth is my planner.  She has been great so far.  Our wedding isn't until August 28, 2010.  She is willing to meet you pretty much anywhere and I think she is very reasonable.  I feel that she will probably be a lifesaver on the day of the wedding and will allow me to enjoy my day.
  • Options
    jenn1981jenn1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also used Kristen Kloth with Tres Chic. Besides agreeing with all of the fabulous things everyone else has said about her, I also really benefitted from the use of her glassware inventory. We DIY'd my floral centerpieces but because she already had all the vases we saved a ton. Love her!!
    Jenn & Jason
    September 27, 2008
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    meldawnmeldawn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding planner has been doing it on the side for years. She is awesome and responds so quickly. Shes worth hearing her ideas out if you are looking for someone affordable and very creative. Her contact is patricia.endress@gmail.com.
  • Options
    EABinkholderEABinkholder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a personal friend who is a louisville planner, but will travel here to help you out. She is SO organized and efficient. In fact, she worked for one of the top planners in KY during college and learned the trade well enough to open her own business. Don't be fooled though, she is GREAT at what she does. Her name is Lauren Chitwood and her website is lceventsky.com. Check her out! She's great! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards