Destination Weddings Discussions

Not sure how to do the invites??

Hi, I'm getting marred at Beaches, Turks & Caicos in April. We did Save the Date magnets and I wanted to send out invites in Nov or Dec. I'm not sure of the best way to do this because we are having a reception at home sometime after we get back. Should I send 2 seperate invites? One for the wedding trip and then another for the reception/party at home? And do I include rsvp cards in both invites? I am not sure when the at home party is going to be yet either. So I guess I'll have to. hmmm Also, I need these invites to be as cheap as possible. I will do DIY if I need to. any suggestions? I'm stressing over this. I was able to get and mail out my STD magnets for under $100 total including magnets, envelopes and postage.

Re: Not sure how to do the invites??

• I would say it all depends on what kind of AHR you plan on having.  If it will be a bigger, formal event similar to one you'd have after a wedding at home, I'd send the invite with your wedding invite.  You'd have to book that kind of thing in advance anyway, so you would have a date by the time you send your invites.If your AHR will be more casual and will be held a month or so after the wedding, I'd send those invites after you get back.  Ours will be a bbq in a park, so as long as we have the pavilion secured I figure 2 months notice is more than enough for a casual affair.For really cheap invites, I would check out Target and Michaels for DIY kits.  They usually come with the decorated invite for you to print on, envelopes, response card, and envelopes for those.  For some of them you can also buy matching Thank You cards.  Hope that helped!
    Anniversary
  • I am sending 2 seperate invitations. We are having a BBQ style block party as our AHR, so it is not formal at all. I know most people aren't going to be able to come to Jamaica, but I am sending them invites anyway. And I wanted them to know that there would be an AHR so this is what I did for my RSVP card: [img]http://tinyurl.com/ybej7mm[/img]
  • I sent invites to the wedding only to a few people.  (I think we invited maybe 50).  We are planning on having a reception at home but I never said anything about it in the original invite.  I will be mailing seperate invites to that and inviting a lot more people.  I made my own invites so they didn't cost very much, plus I loved them and got tons of compliments on them.  I have seen some nice invites at Michaels and Target also, and you just have to print them out, they have everything all in one, and they aren't very expensive.   I would also check out vista print, that is where I got my RSVP postcards and they only cost me shipping. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you ladies! That helps alot. manda, I love that rsvp card! That is a great idea how you worded it. How far in advance should I mail the actual wedding invites then if the wedding is April 22, 2010? Should I send them in like Nov. and give them until like Feb. to rsvp or wait longer to mail them? I sent out the STD way ahead. Like at the beginning of this year so everyone would have lots of notice if they wanted to try to go on the trip with us.
  • I sent out my STD really early so everyone knew about it and some people booked early.  I didn't sent out my STD's until July and gave them about 3 weeks to get them back to me.  If you give them to long, they will forget to send them back.  My wedding is Oct 17th.  Hope this helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards