Nevada-Las Vegas

April 2010 Brides!!!

I wanted to get an idea of where most of you are at in your planing??? I already have the general idea and everything down....I am just trying to plan what I should get out of the way next?? I have got...-Chapel Booked -Suite Booked-Dress Orderd-Save The Dates (Mailed Out) Things to do...- Order Invites -Order Favors (Is is better to wait until you have more solid numbers??)-Bridal Accessories (i.e.Shoes, Viel, etc) -Decide on Food (This has been hard!!!)Humm...Just kinda at a stand still of what I should do?? LOL...any thoughts would be appreciated:) TIA!
2011-2012 Races
10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
Me:32 DH:33
IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)

Re: April 2010 Brides!!!

• Sheila xSheila x member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Stinkerbell,I was supposed to get married in Oct changed to April 5th! Cant change it on my profile!!you have alot done compared to me, I have no dress still not decided on a church, I have girls dress and just org flowers tonight I have invites sent out (thats because we are travelling from Ireland) no reception yet I have looked into everything - hair make up limo flowers after party next day party and the rest just no deposit on it, to be honest I think im a bit scared incase I find something better - silly really, No photographer or videographer booked. Maybe I had better get a move on!!!Hope this helps x
  • edited December 2011
    Sheila - I have been looking at everything for a while and wanted to have most of the deposits, etc down so I could just work on paying things off the last few months rather than still deciding...but....the one thing I am REALLY having the hard time with is the food!!!! haha...I agree...I think I am just scared to commit, because like you said "WHAT IF".... everything else I was not hesitant about... But after I looked at what I have done....I am pretty happy where I am at...Just want to keep getting things checked off!! LOL
    2011-2012 Races
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding is on April 23rd.Done:-suite is booked-catering is booked-dress is in hand-STDs have been e-mailed-flowers are started-photographer/videographer are booked-accessories (hat, earrings, shoes, henna) have been decided-invitations have been designed-website is liveTo do (in no particular order):-book limo for photo tour-find an officiant (we've found out that it IS possible to have a friend ordained to marry us, we just need a commitment from someone)-assemble invitations-finish flowers-book brunch and "rehearsal" lunch-find hairstylist-book honeymoon-paint shoes when they arrive-get "cake" taken care of-buy rings-plan entire AHR (zero concrete progress has been made on this front)
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married April 2. -We booked the ceremony at Caesars -the reception insuite at planet hollywood -Catering and drinks with masterpiece -my dress is supposed to arrive in November -we booked Bently Wilson -Invitations are ordered we are just waiting for the proof -veil is ordered, shoes I have and I know what I am looking for for accessories I just have to find them We are figuring out decor for the suite but it is tricky coming from Canada because I can't take much with me and what if I can't find the exact things that I want. I have no idea for bridesmaid dresses. Cake I know what I want it to look like haven't done anything about it yet But I think we are pretty organized but I will still stress until the last minute.
  • edited December 2011
     WOW! you 2 have a lot done!...OK...I need to get a few more of the big things finalized soon...i.e. food, and my deposit down on Glamsquad!
    2011-2012 Races
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm pretty much dead set on not leaving anything to the last minute.  I actually had to remind myself that I really don't need to start making the invitations now, they probably won't take that long (we're only going to need 20-30).  The officiant thing is a biggie, as I've been told the paperwork can take up to three months to go through.  We need to get a move on that one.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • kcougar515kcougar515 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm April 10th! I've got the chapel booked, dress ordered and with me :) save the dates mailed out, photographer booked... and just got paid.. so plan on booking some more stuff today! I've gotta get a lot more figured out!
  • edited December 2011
    199 days left for me!!Done:ceremony bookedreception bookedmenu finalizeddj bookedcake bookedbridesmaid dressed pickedbridal party gifts boughtfavors boughtStill need:to order my dress (!!!!)order his tuxdesign my invitesselect our musicdecide on a limoand what feels like a million other things
  • edited December 2011
    Hi aerinpegadrak, we have the same wedding date, April 23, 2010! :) So far I have done: venue booked photographer booked videographer booked photo booth reserved menu finalized containers for candy buffet bought dress & shoes ordered all ceremony accessories ordered vases & votives for centerpieces ordered save the dates sent out and I'm ordering BM dresses tomorrow & cake tastings next week Still have to do: order the candy for the candy buffet order tux order invitations order veil order invitations
  • sagi122sagi122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I'm getting married April 16, 2010 Done: Outdoor ceremonyDinner receptionDress ordered (will be in sometime in Dec)STDHairPhotographerTo Do List:Invites (I'm trying to decide on DIY or ordering)LimoBookCakeHeadpiece (I love the headband Alyssa Milano had at her wedding!)ShoesReception centerpiecesBook appointments for hot lather shaves at Caesar's spa.  (This is my gift to the groom, best man, and our dads)Book our room!  
    BFP: 1/11/11, Large Cystic Hygroma & heart defect, Lost baby on 3/30/11 at 16w 4d.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi I am getting married April 29th Things I have done: *Save the dates sent out *invitation design decided on *Ceremony booked at Caesars Palace Venus Gardens *Reception suite booked at the MGM *Cake/Cupcakes ordered from Dawn *Materpiece Cuisine menu finalized and deposit down *Glamsquad booked for my ladies and I *My dress order *Bridesmaid dresses ordered *Bridesmaid gifts found at the Boston Store goodwill sale *My jewelry found at the antique store *Reception decorations found at the antique store(Good thing FI parents are snowbirds and live in AZ from Jan-May so they are taking alot of our decorations out there) *Plane tickets booked *OOT bags and contents Things to do: *book transportation *find a place for our meet and greet *finalize invites *finalize details of the reception back home and design the invites/ send them out *get ipod music list together *day of time line *decide on flowers *Groomsmen ties *FI wedding attire *Get wedding bands *Figure out where we are going to get the alohol from/budget for that *book our hotel rooms for the week *misc DIY projects *finalize programs I like to get things done so I don't have to worry about them.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! It great to see this so that I can gage where I am at and what things I need to really focuse on :)
    2011-2012 Races
  • edited December 2011
    Oh I forgot the most important thing we have B&W book!
  • edited December 2011
    hi stinkerbellsee this just made me so nervous. Completed dress and veil ordered suite booked ceremony booked (package @ mandalay bay)maid of honor dress orderedWIPSave the dates almost ready to be sent outWorking out menu with masterpiece cuisine Cake Need to do order invitestux flowers for suite accessories favors etc., etc., etc.i think that there is still enough time to get it all done.  I hope.  MEL--
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding April 8, 2010~ Done:Heritage Garden for Ceremony BookedHair and Makeup BookedHave DressSave the Dates sent outInvites picked out just need to orderThings to Do:Finialize decision on where to have lunch receptionBook Cabana for after lunch pool partyBook shuttle for guest to wedding and receptionGet Bridemaids dressesOrder cakeDecide on whether to hire a photographer to do tour photo'sBridal AccessoriesOrder Favors
  • jlstewartjlstewart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Getting married on April 10th. Luckily I am doing a site visit to Vegas in a couple weeks and plan on finalizing the menu, cake, flowers and hair.What's done: -Save the dates in hand (will mail out in a couple weeks) -Dress delivered-DIY invitations purchased -Ceremony location booked and officiant secured -Reception site booked -Photographer booked-Airline reservations to Vegas complete- Bridal accesories in progress (already have jewelry and shoes) -Welcome Bowling Party booked-FI working on groomsmen attire -Bridesmaid dress shopping done Things to do: -Book wedding day transportation -Print invitations and other wedding items like programs and welcome letters-Purchase OOT bag items-Finalize day of time line -Decide on flowers for ceremony and reception-Decide on bakery and cake design-Decide if we want a videographer-Find DJ-Hair and Makeup-DIY projects
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards